Rp280/450. Vs rp8000/504c

Xuhqtionerr

So I had my heart set on the rp280s and 450c combo.  I got a hell of a deal for brand new ones right at $1k.  I ordered them and two days later got an email saying they were sold out but they “upgraded” me to the 8000s/504.  I know they are just the new models, but has anyone done any direct comparison on how they sound?  Should I just be happy with the free upgrade?

I haven't heard either models myself, but I've only heard great things about the 8000's, so I think you should be delighted with the upgrade. One of the main new improvements to the 8000's is that they've now vented the Tractrix horn-loaded tweeter and made it out of a softer silicone material, which has allowed for smoother highs. I've heard people say this has made a massive positive improvement. 

Here's an excellent review by Audioholics of the 8000's to put your mind at ease: https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/klipsch-rp-8000f

• 1 year later...

Please help. I have the same exact issue. I had MY heart set on the same combo.  280/450c

And got 8000/504c. I need to know what you ended up doing. Did you listen to both? Did you keep what you got? How did it sound? Please, your opinion would help tremendously.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 8000F's and I'm very pleased with them, haven't hooked up the 504C yet but just these two alone really shake things up. 

*Watching "Lovecraft Country" at 62% volume made the couch's shake, I hadn't even hooked up the sub and was watching with just two speakers, phenomenal ! 

• Like 1