R112SW 4ohm or 8ohm driver ?

Ron DB

The amplifier in my r112sw died after 3yrs. So I'm going to power it with HiFi component amplifier, but I need to know whether the 12" driver's 4ohms or 8ohms before I chose a new amplifier.                          So, 4 or 8 ohm driver..?       Thanks for your time.

2 hours ago, JohnA said:

Buy an amp designed for 4 ohms and you'll be safe, either way.

This amp will allow you to approximate the OEM eq built into the subwoofer.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa1200dsp-1200w-subwoofer-amplifier-with-dsp--300-8000

Thanks, but I'm not going with another plate amplifier . I'm currently looking at a couple of different models of Crown pro-audio component amplifiers. 

6 hours ago, ngen33r said:

Is R39 on the board burnt? and I'm interested in the amp. I have a driver at home, I believe that they are 4 ohm but I will measure it to make sure.

The amplifier was burn't on multiple areas on both boards and I already have got rid of the amplifier.

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you're going to mess with speakers and subs a DVOM is a must have.  They're cheap also.

I second this and my personal favorite is an Radio Shack TRUE RMS that I grabbed on eBay for $15. Either way I will confirm the measurement when I am home from work, but I am 95% sure it is 4 ohm.