Direct TV or Dish Network...

rjb294

They will both drop out the same depending on weather conditions. I like Dish as that is what I have. I think it's a better value. By next year Dish Net will have all of the sports packages ie NFL ticket etc. that Direct has. As of now Dish has more regular programming but that will also change as they are all required to offer the same programming packages by court order. I also like the menu's on Dish Net better. As far as the qulaity of receiver go...I have no idea but I see alot of guys that do HD have the Dish Net on this BB as do I.

Unless your a big sports fan and can't wait until next season to get NFL ticket etc. the Dish network is a better value IMO of course.

EJ

We've got a two-room directv system. After comparing prices and channels, we thought it was a slightly better value than digital cable and dish. Picture quality is great, and sound quality is way better than analog cable, though that isn't saying much. Yes, we do experience dropouts and/or complete loss of signal in severe rainstorms. nothing's perfect, eh? My biggest real gripe is that it takes forever to change channels, if you're just surfing. You can't just rapidly go through them.