Sharper Image-Not an Audiphile Christmas

thebes

Somebody I do business with must have sold my name because I ended up with a Sharper Image catalogue.  They have several audio-realted offerings  The first is a Bonzai lamp bluetooth speaker.  I'm sure the light is good but the sound has to be execrable:

image.jpeg.cf24a53154af58da3e67dca1cd0c0192.jpeg

• Like 1

Now here is my favorite.  Surround Sound Shower System speakers.  First. Who is in the shower long enough to listen to a bunch of songs, and can they possibly sound better than me when I sing in the shower?  I think not!

image.jpeg.43f3bc2113909ac21cdfbcb3335e49e2.jpeg

• Haha 1

I actually kinda like the idea of this one.  The Portable Drive-In Movie Theater.  Feeling old school. Toss a mattress in the back of the SUV for the kids, pull it around to the back yard, and show a movie. Once the kids are asleep you can proceed to steam up the windows. Two drawbacks . The price is $600 and you can't hang the speaker on the car window so it's probably more for the lawn lounger and blanket crowd.

image.jpeg.17947d0e6c5ce3d0c19f95acbbeecba8.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebes said:

Somebody I do business with must have sold my name because I ended up with a Sharper Image catalogue.  They have several audio-realted offerings  The first is a Bonzai lamp bluetooth speaker.  I'm sure the light is good but the sound has to be execrable:

It is a nice design visually.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thebes said:

Love the design here too. I’d lose that faux wood in the shade. Replace that wood with stained glass using the same frame. Yeah, stained glass can be configured around corners such as this. 

• Like 1