Uncrated a pristine Scott 222c

Pland

You had to have read part of the Dudley review as it is on the Wright Sound site. I have some of it here too.

As for the TJ300b tube I listened to, remember, this is the 2.5v version, made as the sub for a 2A3. This is going to sound a lot different than the TJ300b Meshplates you see the 300B guys use. So my comments were soley in relation to the TJ Meshplate 300b/2.5v tube. Running the tube at this operating point makes for different sonics.

I listened to this tube in two setups, using several preamps, the Wrights and Moondogs, and Silverline Sonata II and the Cornwalls. I sent you a quote of the comments in relation to the 2.5v version in that situation. IF you can get a great deal on them, go for it. They certainly LOOK amazing. I just wished the 2.5v version for the 2A3 replacement sounded more to my liking.

kh

Tim,

Actually,Lee has given up on commercial products.I tend to loiter around like a buzzard,ready to pounce when he decides to build a new project.I bought two pieces from him at parts cost,which translates to high dollar retail prices.Anytime he brings a new project to our meetings,everybody drops their jaws.See the Texas Bottlehead minutes.

The 300b TJ's are excellent,but then again a 300b tube doesn't share the same sonics of a 2A3.My favorite tube in my Garber 2A3 was a NOS pair of National Union.

I've got an extra 6080 Roitberg based preamp if you or Kelly want to hear it.I suspect Kelly would think he died and went to heaven listening to this one.It is 6080 based with a gas voltage regulator tube.You guys let me know if you want to listen(just pay for shipping).It's not for sale however.

Keep me posted,

Pat

I didnt know you had a Fi amp. Do you have the MQ trans on it? THat's another 2A3 I have never heard.

Yeah, I would love to hear that 6080 based preamp! In fact, I think we discussed this preamp last year. So far, I have had nothing in here that I really like better than my modified Cary. I would love to find something! I almost thought a bit about the Korneff to sample...

kh

Kelly,

Read what Pat said again... Lee has "given up" on commercial products. If you happen to like it, it may be a curse as you probably won't be able to get one!

Lee seems to be one of those giftted folks who does not have any marketing talents and reluctant to commit to a business manager. It's a shame because from what Pat told me, everthing he makes is liquid gold.

I'm pretty happy with my AES AE-3 DJH Preamp and really like the sound of the 5692 RCA Redbase. At least until Kelly finishes his 6SN7/5692 page. Hint Hint.

Kelly can have dibs on the 6080 pre if he wants. I would love to hear it though.

What I really could use is someone to loan me some decent 12AU7s to try out in my new (used) Wright Phono stage. There are some GE 5963s in there now, probably whatever George configured, but I'd like to try out a some Mullards or Telefunkens.

Kelly, I saved you $400 on that POS Sennheiser HD-600, what say ye?

- tb

Hi Guys,

Kelly,email your adress and I'll ship it to you.

I had a Fi Super X(magnaquest,black gates,silver wire)and it was a totally different cat than the Wright or Moondogs.Very ,very subtle,not as much drive,but it made jazz like a musical instrument.I wish I had never sold it.

Best,

Pat