new super receiver discovered for receiver lovers

prodj101

well, as flipping through the pages of Stereophile, I came accross a company called Integra and thought, "those people in the Klipsch forums sure love their receivers!" so I figured I'd let you know about them. they are supposed to be the best, and looking at the sepcs, they do look the best. 120 db dynamic range! anyway, www.integrahometheater.com

I have owned Onkyo and Integra products. The main differences are that they are sold through different stores and that the Integra's have a different face plate. An Integra DTR 7.2 was reviewed in Sound and Vision versus a Denon 5803 and a Yamy RX-Z1. The Integra was very quiet, but did not even get close to its rated power output. It only put out about 38 watts per channel, 6 channels driven.

My Integra DTR 7.1 was not as detailed on transient responses as my Pioneer 49TX now is. I keep the Integra as a backup. The 9 series has much better power output, but costs a lot more as you might expect.

Bill

Prodj,

The Integra DTR9.1 is only a improved Onkyo 989.Yes its a great receiver,in the same class as the Pioneer 47 and 49 as well as the B&K receivers and Denon 5803.Its superior on music then the Denon 5803,very smooth sounding receiver.Had this beast before the 5800.

You know I am a spoiled elf.No receiver can impress me now.

BTW the Integra DTR9.1 built quality is as good as it gets,the feel is there too with the controls

When you get a full Sunfire Theater Grand III with separate three Sunfire Signature stereo amp you will never even look ant ANY receiver again.No my goal is to slowly replace the ATI 2505 and 1505 with three Sunfire Signature stereo amps.When its done I will have smoother sound ,more refined overall sound and power to spare(even for electrostatics and planar drivers).

Prodj,

I agree with the Ear, but I forgot to mention the down side on Onkyo/Integra's reputation.

In addition to not making rated power (except the 9 series), Onkyo/Integra suffered the misfortune of having Dolby droupouts with EX flagged movies such as "Atlantis." Other companies had the same problem, but Onkyo/Integra have taken most of the heat. Take a look at One Call's Onkyo receivers on their web site. It explains the situation.

I loved the Onkyo TX-SV919THX receiver that I had. It was the first THX certified receiver. Excellent detail and very quiet with my Klipsch speakers. But times have changed and Onkyo/Integra isn't as good in the value dept as they used to be IMO.

Bill

PS-The Integra 8.3 does not have a firewire port. No digital support for Hi-res audio made it obsolete the day it came out. B