They are here. ATOC and the new LOTR

m00n

Fish,

I agree, the punch is great, however the vibrating sound that is just before the explosion is weaker than in theaters. I don't have a word for the sound, something like "drrrraaaang", then the explosion goes off and the subwoofer rips the neighbours walls apart :). That "drrrraaaang" is weaker...

Anyway, have been watching the movie every night, so far 3 times - I am crazy...

Vladi

The explosion, isn't that actually just the wave itself breaking appart the astroids, but not the actual seismic sound itself? The actual seismic charge ( I think of it as TWAAAAAANGGGGGG3.gif ) seems to be primarily heigher end frequencies. Yes? Or am I just way off here?

Eh, look at us trying to fully analyse this to death4.gif

Just got AOTC and LOTR.

Lol, I went out and bought them last night at about 2 in the morning after reading this thread.

The seismic charges did not seem to sound the same last night when I was watching with the volume kind of quiet. This morning however once my neighbors were off to work I cranked up the asteroid scene pretty loud. It may seem a little odd but I think it is the midrange that really makes or breaks this scene. In the theater there was enough presence in the midrange to shake things. The midrange has to be loud and clear, when I watched it this morning I had my heresies cranked way on up there. Even without a sub there seemed to be a nice amount(who says heresy Mk1 doesn't have much bass) of low end rumble, and when the seismic charge goes off when the two huge asteroids smash into each other WOW. You have to remember when you saw this in the theater there were likely huge JBL or Klipsch horn loaded THX rated speaker systems being played very loud.

The movie thater that I used to work at had a JBL system, one time when we thought we were having trouble with one of the compression drivers(turned out to be our decoder) we went and switched drivers and that thing was huge, It weighed about 25 pounds 6.gif. The wrench we were using kept jumping and sticking to the back of the driver.

The scene where Anakin chops the poisinous worms up with his lightsabre is the same as it was in the theater.

Peace, Josh