They are here. ATOC and the new LOTR

m00n

i bought both star wars and LOTR (deluxe version with statuettes) right after my morning class, and then rushed home. i haven't seen star wars yet but LOTR is great. having seen the the first DVD many times, i have to say that the sound is, IMHO, superior to the original. it's just a lot clearer. the extra scenes are cool, some needless details they left out of the original, except for the beginning where they add a lot. they extended some of the battle scenes. like in moria against the orcs and cave troll, and at end against uruquai, but these scenes happen so fast that if you don't know the original very well you might not notice everything they added.

the statuettes are really cool, if you're willing to spend the extra money.

LOTR is separated on two discs so you have to get up in the middle and change discs.

also, if you are like me and you have your dvd showing time remaining in the movie, you'll notice that the end credits are 30 minutes long. they have about 18 minutes long, of every person who was in the movie. it s like a neverending list, and the names don't pass one by one, the whole screen is filled with names on after the other.

I don't think the Extended version has the Two Towers trailer, but hey, it does come with a ticket to see the movie! That's even better! :-)

I bought it today, but haven't had time to check it out and won't for a few days. How does the video quality of the new version compare to the first one that came out in August? Better, or about the same? I never bought the first version.

Just finished watching it. I must say I am amazed - I have seen the movie in theaters several times, and it is obvious that the sound and picture were improved dramatically. Subwoower just ripped off the floor, I just wished I had DD EX, but regardless, the msoundtrack was very very good.

Have you noticed that the scene where Anakin destroys the poisonous worms was changed?

Good job Lucas, now get on with Episode III!

I am now going to see the 2nd disc, over and out.

I too bought both LotR's and AotC's. I got the statues as I believe in about 2000 years they might be worth a couple of dollars. Anyway, they are way cool and look real nice on my DVD shelves. I haven't watched LotR's extended version yet but I did watch AotC's and it was great. Great picture, great sound. The THX intro is the same as the one on TPM so nothing new there. You mentioned that the poisoned worm scene changed from the theatre, in what way?

Take care

Rick

I guess I might be wrong about the poisonous worms ... They don't mention it on the second disk.

I was mostly certain (not anymore) that in theaters Obi Wan and Anakin both killed one worm, on the DVD Anakin kills both worms.

I might be completely wrong, but I saw the movie 5 times in theaters.

What do you think?

I watched AoTC,

Good sound, kinda woosy love story though. I don't go to theaters very much, so I hadn't seen the movie yet.(trying to justify why I built this monstosity).

I was a little dissapointed in that alot of sceens were directly derived from other movies....gladiator, etc...

I got the collector edition of LOTR's, but havn't watched it yet. Cool little package though.

Hi guys,

When I watched AotC's. I thought the sonic charges scene was fantastic. It really shook the old couch. I was watching with my system set to about +4 and forgot about the puch those charges had in the theatre. I almost crapped my drawers when they went off. VERY SOLID BASS. Of coarse, I have my Ultra's cranked up alittle higher then maybe some of you do. I also have all my speakers set to large and my bass management set to 40 hrz. The 7's can take it, believe me. I though the sonic charges had as much punch as they did in the theatre. Of coarse, I'm running some pretty nice equipment which probably helps quite a bit. I'm not bragging. Just trying to let you know that with the right equipment, set up the right way, you might get that theatre experience from the DVD. I'd be interested in "Ears" impression of the disk.

Take care

Rick