Wall Mounting Heritage

erikjohn

OK, this may sound a little crazy but here is what I am thinking I am going to do in my new HT room when it is finsihed. I want to mount my Hereseys, Cornwalls and Lscala's(Soon to be picked up from Q-Man) on the walls. I am not exactly sure how I am going to do it though. I am going to have to have custom brackets made. Here's the configurations: LaScala's will be centers, Cornwalls will be rears, and Heresey's will be front Effects, all of which will be hung from the ceiling.

Is this feasable? Can it be done without any mods to the speaker cabinets? The hereseys should be no problem, it's the LaScala's and the Cornwalls that are going to require some serious heavy duty mounts. I am kind of thinking if I make a frame that bolts to the backs using the existing screw holes that used to attach the backs on them. I am thinking if I add extra screws and longer ones, the frame of the moounting attachement will go all the way around the back attachements on the speakers. I am not sure if I will need to put something under the speaker to help with the weight. Note also that these things will not be mounted directly to the wall, they will hang from the ceiling and pitch down to the listening position. I am also ging to turn the cornwalls on their side.

It's a little crazy but I think it will be totally sweet, not to metion it gets everything off the floor, except for the Khorns of course. I will mount the Heresey's directly above the khorns.

I really wnat the setup to look good, no goddy brackets, I wnat to keep everything mostly out of sight except for the drops from the ceiling, and I would prefer not to have anything under the speakers for support.

Well what do you think? Anybody ever done anything like this? Ideas and comments please.

EJ3.gif

Might want to call Trey Cannon at Klipsch tech support and bounce the idea around with him. For hanging my Forte from the ceiling, he suggested I build a shelf and suspend the shelf, then set the Forte on the shelf since the Forte's cabinet was not designed to hold its weight. Not sure about your Heritage stuff. I angled the shelf to point down towards the listening position, put a lip on the front so it wouldn't slide off, and secured the speaker from the top back corners so it wouldn't tip forward.

DD

ERIKJOHN: know any good welders ?

heres a neet idea one of my buddys did. He had a welder build him a stand for his heritage center channel, using tube steel. looks wild.

The tubes come up the sides of the bigscreen then bend over the top, kind of like a giant u shape olny flat on top for the speaker to sit on. then he had it powder coated in a black and silver crack vain. Nice thing about it, no drilling holes or mounting hardware and if he changes his set up all he has to do is pull the thing out and toss it.

Just another idea 9.gif

If i get a chance i'll pop over to his place and take a picture.

Dale,

Yes, actually I do know some good welders. I am a Project Engineer for a fairly decent sized construction company so I do have lots of contacts. That is pretty much why I know I can get some custom mounts made for a reasonable price. I have been considering using tube steel for the main supports. I like the idea that your friend uses but I do not want anything on the floor, I want them suspended, with as little visible support showing as possible. I guess I just want to keep it real clean looking.

I emailed Trey but no response yet.

EJ