TB

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new set of speakers.  I have heard the 7 and the Heresy iv.  Will take another listen next week dealer does not have either the Forte or Cornwall which I would love to hear as well. I was impressed by both.  I want to ask opinions on these two products in a strictly 2 channel set up. Primary listening is classic rock, modern/funk jazz, female vocalists (Jone, Krall, etc.) and some current rock.  No classical. Associated equipment is; Schiit Aegir monos, Freya+. Bifrost 2. Room is 20x28x9. Fully treated with GIK traps. Mostly use Tidal but have 2000+ lps (Technics 1200GR with Ortofon blue) and comparable number of CD's (Cambridge transport).

Love to hear your thoughts as well as other recommendations. Current speakers are Wharfedale Linton heritage and a pair of vintage Rogers LS3/5A's I bought in 1977!

Thanks in advance

Having heard FIIIs and RF7? side by side in the same room, I'd pick FIIIs.  the midrange is cleaner/sweeter/purer.  RF7s have a noticeable change in timbre from the woofers to the horn, in the midrange.

I have heard the Forte's but in a horrid setup at a dealer.  Wall of speakers via a switching network, common AVR and not even a chair to use! I do not have a dealer anywhere close that demos either the CW or Forte. The dealer that has the Heresy IV and RF7 is a good dealer and will set both up for me in the same room with good electronics (PrimaLuna). I will probably go back and listen but I am definitely leaning to the Heritage side of life. Yes the Rogers have probably held their value. I am the original owner and they are in good to very good condition. Woofers replaced by Falcon as one was blown I have both old woofers. They still sound amazing with certain program material.  This whole high efficiency and dynamic thing has got me. I did try the Zu Audio Dirty Weekends for a month but returned them as they really weren't even close to the Lintons. Soundstaging and holographics are really big to me. So would love to hear opinions on how the various Heritage speakers perform. I may move all the way to the CW just is more money than I would like to spend but then again it may be end game.  Just wish I could hear them in a good setting first. Same with Forte's. Thoughts well appreciated!