Ford, Subaru and Nissan Water Pump Design

Jeff Matthews

All this because of what Honda calls a faulty jiggle valve.

Honda 'Technical Service Bulletin' 13-044 tells me Flat Rate time for thermostat R+R is .4 Hrs.

When I asked my Honda 'stealership' to do the job they told me I would be charged 1 Hr.  I asked them why,

and was told,  'Well, that was 7 yrs ago".  I know our dollars worth changes over the yrs, but are Honda 'technicians' really more

than twice as slow as they were a few yrs ago?

Waited for weather and did it myself, outdoors. 1/4 in. drive ratchet, short ext, 10 MM socket. Done in less than 15 min plus Burp.

And yeah, I'm passed my allotted '3 score and ten' years.

• Like 1

I thought it (thermostat) would be easy on my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8. As t turns out one bolt was 14mm and the other bolt was 13 mm for clearance purposes. It took a while to figure it out but I was successful. I can't mention the words used during the figuring.

JJK

2 hours ago, NADman said:

Waited for weather and did it myself, outdoors. 1/4 in. drive ratchet, short ext, 10 MM socket. Done in less than 15 min plus Burp.

And yeah, I'm passed my allotted '3 score and ten' years.

now , that was easy , all you gotta do now , is have a good drink , I think you earned it

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I thought it (thermostat) would be easy on my 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8. As t turns out one bolt was 14mm and the other bolt was 13 mm for clearance purposes. It took a while to figure it out but I was successful. I can't mention the words used during the figuring.

JJK

like ,  a piece of cake -------2 bolts ----

20 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Mechanic talk is fun, but the work sucks badly.  The guy in the video is a long-time car guru personality.  They'd have his arse if what he said was bunk.  He makes some pretty strong statements.  

youtube ----is money

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Never watched it.

if  anyone thinks these engines are hard to work on ,  Porsche use rubber belts and internal water pumps   , a nightmare if you do not replace them  ontime  ---