Khorn vs LaScala

erikjohn

I think I have AA's. I have not switched back to them since I put the ALK's in. I only listen to the original xovers for about a month. I like the ALK's better, but I have not tried them with my upgraded wire. Once I get the IC/speaker wire figured out I will go back to the orignals. I am also going to try cutting the diodes out.

I am going to rewire them. I just don't know what wire to use. I have 40' of kimber kable 4tc laying around. I was thinking about using this, but now I'm not sure. When I was using this wire it sounded alittle bright to me.

Randy your system must sound just incredible. Someday a pair of Khorns so I can stop this madness.

Danny

This is how I changed my AA's to a type A:

1) disconnect both wires leading to zener diodes.

2) disconnect the wire from the 235 coil (upper left hand side) to the 2uF capacitor, also the short wire leading to the other 2uF.

3) disconnect the wire from the barrier strip to the same 2uf cap It should now have no wires connected to it.

4) Connect the short wire from the remaining 2uF cap to the wire leading to the barrier strip.

When you are done, you should have a wire going from the barrier strip to the 13uF cap, from the other side of the 13uF to the closest 2uF, and from the other side of the 2uF to the barrier strip.

I left the old coil attached to the strip, it's not in the circuit.

If you want to remove the 2.5mH coil from the woofer, that involves creating a shorting wire with two spade lugs on it, removing the wire leading to the coil, and running the shorting wire from the input + to the woofer +.