here are the pictures of my DIY speakers

prodj101

here is the picture of the speaker in comparison with the SF-2. it's really not a ton smaller considering its only a bookshelf. the cabnit is sooooooooo ridgid, lol. I used dampening on the inside of the enclosure as well. And incase you didn't read in the previous posts, the woofer and tweeter are in seperate sections. I wouldn't have done this, but the required size for the woofer would have meant a much smaller cabnit and things would look really cramped. Plus, it also acts as a very strong brace to all sides of the enclosure.

post-10107-13819245681058_thumb.jpg

after everything was ready to go, it took maybe 3 hours. much longer than I had anticipated. Had to glue all the boards together, than putting in the 50 cabnit screws, than screwing down the drivers. and that is only for one of them. but man do they sound good, especially on hyigh quality recordings. the mid range and highs are really where they excel. they produce those efforlesly, but the bass is where they are lacking. but what can you expect from a 6 inch bookshelf speaker? Anyway, they weigh in at about 33 pounds, so damn close to the SF-2's in a much smaller cabnit. They are virtually vibration free as well. all the extra screws and excessive bracing paid off this time. the total cost for the pair was right around 400.