Original RF-7s vs RF-63s

DTO

I have OG rf-7s and I love them! I just won an eBay auction for RF-63s for $500. Anybody compare the two in person or have opinions? Ultimately I’ll try them side to side but I value the experience of this forum!

16 hours ago, billybob said:

@willland has s pair of the 63's.

Never heard the two models side by side but do have experience.  I think the RF-63's are one of if not the most balanced pair of Klipsch(2-way) floorstanders I have ever heard.  Fast punchy bass, coherent not blurred midrange, and some nice crisp to the treble.  The RF-7's, I think you already know.  Nothing I can add to that.

Bill

• Like 1

Was able to A/B them!

no vinyl, no Mac amps. Amazon HD, onkyo AVR, outlaw monoblocks. 
Over all more similar than dissimilar. The highs on the Rf-63 were more chill especially rock. The only drawback was the bass got a little boomy but that is probably the rooms fault. Long and narrow with low ceilings. The RF-7s were a notch brighter but the biggest difference is that they seemed to make the room bigger. I guess a more spatialized image.

I would not kick either of these out of bed!

I planed on doing some movies scenes to compare but I have Rb-75s and rs-7s so I’m pretty sure the rf-63s would stick out.

• Like 1