Sunfire Signature in the house

mrt

A few months ago I asked for advice on purchasing a subwoofer. My choices were between a Sunfire Signature and the Earthquake MKIV-12. I have just received my Sunfire Signature Subwoofer and what a fine sounding subwoofer. I only had it for a few days and I am still fine tuning the crossover and the continuous phase adjustments, but its hard to believe that there is a better sounding subwoofer for its size. I am using it for 75% HT and my family room is 12 x 24. You need to move all breakables away from edges, because the SPLs generated are truly staggering throughout the house. The Sunfire Signature is replacing a Klipsch LF-10 subwoofer which I thought sounded pretty well, but the difference between the two are night and day. I was worried about my purchase until I finally was able to hook it up. It is the deepest bass that I have ever heard and felt in my life. When you want it loud the crazy thing will absolutely shake your house. On DVD movies it adds unbelievable power and depth to the screen. You hear and feel things now that you never heard and felt before. Also, I listen to the Eagles Greatest Hits DTS, the music had more low-end presence than ever before and the sub was not slow.

If you ever get a chance to demo the Sunfire Signature, do yourself a favorite and do it. You will not be sorry. Thanks all of you for your advice with this purchase.

Q-Man,

If you want over double(I would say 8-9dB more even!At 31.5Hz)the output of the Revel will keep up with K-Horns with no trouble at all,and this sub packs the punch of a RSW15.It whips,its EQ is great too,so you will have a perfect match with your K-Horns. 1.gif

Wait a minute...do you have K-Horns? If not sorry my mistake 6.gif

Anyway,the Revel B15 will impress even jaded hard core audiophiles

TheEar,

Yes your right, I have K-Horns. I started doing some re-building today. I'm replacing my LaScala center channel speaker with a K-Horn. I want more bass in the center.

I'm looking for a sub that can really pound it out at 20Hz. I havn't ruled out the B15 yet, but after hearing about this new SVS sub I will wait to see what that is all about.

Yep the new SVS is THE purchase for anyone with a massive subsonic bass abmition.Unless you have money to spend and can stomach the price Krell asks for the MRS.

I think I will still order two Ultras and CS-Plus after all.And then add the super SVS. 9.gif

I want sub bass so powerful it can move the house(almost)right now I have the most powerful subwoofer sub system in the city(or close).There nobody who can compete besides custom giant DIY subs in huge cabinets unsing 15" and 18".

I think the next SVS will be special.The SVS SS interests me less because it uses the same(still awesome)driver the new Ultra uses.If the SS used a more radical driver I could go for four SS and simply forget any upgrades for a long long time.

The new RSW15 hits like a hurricane,it has some punch. I think I may move it with the RSW10 to my MP3 PC. LOL