Spare Parts Subwoofer

M_Klipsches

A few weeks ago I set up some old KSB-1.1 speakers in the bar on the patio. I powered them with a Dayton Audio DTA2.1BT2 class D amp. I know these aren’t outdoor speakers, but they  are plastic, have metal grills, and were just lying around. I figured I’d give it a go. This set up sounded surprisingly good especially for the small investment required. As I wasn’t content to leave well enough alone and the Dayton Amp has a subwoofer channel. I concluded that I needed a subwoofer. I had some scrap 3/4” exterior plywood, and an 8” DCS-2054 Dayton subwoofer driver that was originally going to go into my TT sub build. After a few hours effort, some guesswork, and literally no extra money spent, I had a functional subwoofer. The Dayton amp powers the speakers and my Spare Parts Subwoofer  quite well, and rounded out this simple backyard system.. Maybe not enough to “Piss off the neighbors”, but possibly enough to annoy them. 

739E5486-1132-4183-9C46-34C3C99FC3A4.jpeg

DE9621F2-6A96-497A-8499-43E5AEA434C5.jpeg

14BEE334-FE85-40D5-9ECD-E9106F43F2EB.jpeg

• Like 2

The KSB 1.1 has all the same drivers as their outdoor KH07 and will hold up outdoors just as well. Being partially covered is all they need to survive. I have done the same. I also use that amp which performs nicely. I have also used that sub. It looks like you raided my stash. Great system for minimum investment.

• Like 1