The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
nurxhunter

SALE PENDING: Mahogany Klipsch RB-5 for Sale

Posted (edited)

SALE PENDING - ON HOLD.  

They are Model 1 RB-5.  Attractive, furniture quality mahogany finish which is not vinyl but appears to be real wood.  If they are not 'bookend-matched' veneer, it would be mighty hard to tell when they are apart on their stands. They do look closely matched. They are consecutive serial numbers.  I have mint Cornwall V1,  and other HE speakers, so decided to let these go. I am liquidating the components of a third 2.1 system, hence the sale.  In summary--they are in truly excellent condition. 

UPDATE: Only upon posting these pictures in this revised ad do I see a small ding on one driver.  This is too small to do anything to fix. This ding was there at the time I bought them--I realize only right now from original picture I found. Apparently, it is not easy to see when standing, so I missed it to now.  Still, I believe I can stand by my description on Agon scale of 8/10 (highest possible for a second-owner item).  With grills on (and largely even naked) they look as new.

I have the original boxes in good condition with original packing material, but for now they are available for transfer to your car or SUV of the speakers (so you can inspect them) and their original boxes. While I mainly lurk on this fun and informative site, I have bought and sold from several others here, and have tons of only-positive feedback everywhere as NuRxHunter. 

Local pickup for now in West Chester, PA, 19380.  Payment in advance of $375 asking price or payment on site in cash or PayPal (no fee, it's against PP user agreement, and thus, my principles).  Thanks for reading.

Here are a couple of handy links to specs and further description.  https://www.klipsch.com/products/rb-5-bookshelf-speaker   http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/klipsch/reference-rb-5.html

RB-5d.jpg

RB-5a.jpg

RB-5b.jpg

RB-5c.jpg

Edited by nurxhunter

I have owned three pairs of these over the years.  Very nice indeed.  Not the RB-75s you mentioned but a pretty close second.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

DOH!--apology--Mahogany.  Thanks Bill--thanks V. for pointing out the omission.  Going to fix ad now and add some pics--older ones.  I have yet been able to set aside time to get them out of my basement storage in their boxes; I need my son to come over and do that for me poor ole achy back.  If there is an imminent buyer, I'll do that.  Thanks again