HT Room Dimension?

garyv

I have a home theater equipment setup in my lower level family room that is about 19x30. I have a 65" HDTV, Sunfire processor, ATI Amp, and Klipsch KLF-30's, C-7, and 15" Sub. We have an addition unfinished bedroom. I was thinking about moving the equipment this room and make it a home theater..

The room is about 16' Deep and 15' Wide. Do you think this room is too small? If the sofa is almost at the back wall, how do you recommend positioning the rear speakers?

Thanks,

Gary

gary...see my posts in the architectural forum & 2 channel forum under the $25K to spend on listening room thread. Sounds like HT is your priority. You're probably not going to get anywhere near optimum audio performance with either of those rooms. The first is way too long in its proportions relative to its width, & the other one is too square, and will likely yield an abundance of mode problems at that size. The first room will at least allow you to place "theater-like" seating if you use the short side for the room front/back. And its 19' width still provides a "stage" that is 3' (20%)wider .