I just order two DVDs from Amazon.com

Kain

I bought Lord of the Rings the first time it was released and saw it in the theaters and recently purchased the 5 DVD Gift Set as a present for someone who will let me watch them...maybe even bring them over to view in my HT.

My question is do I really want to see it for the fourth time? It was pretty long the first time. Will I really want to see 5 DVDs?

I like the Star Wars DVD's and skip through them often just watching certain scenes...they are great demo/test media.

I look forward to getting the first three (or now last three) once Ep III is released. I assume Lucas is still waiting before releasing them on DVD. I can wait since I've watched my tapes more than enough already.

Aren't the orgininal three Star Wars movies already on DVD? When I was in Pakistan a few weeks back, I rented The Empire Stikes Back on DVD. Yes, it was an ORIGINAL DVD and not a copy/fake. I can easily tell the difference between a fake and original.

yes Star Wars 4,5 & 6 have been released on Laser disc. More than once actually. I have the Boxed Trilogy set. Even in Dolby Pro-Logic,it sounds great!

They are on DVD,but Foreign versions that are region free and will play on any dvd player. I bought them awhile back and regretted it! The quality sucked!! Worse than watching VHS! You can find new copies available on ebay. They are in Fox's 5-Star releases. Whcih should be good,but not taking chance. Also, they are the special editions,which I do not want.

I did hear awhile back that Lucas is collecting stuff for the U.S. release of them. But no dates have been announced.

When they do,I hope they get their heads out of their a$$ and release both the original theatrical versions with new special editions. I am one of the many fans that want nothing to do with new versions. Also want them in DTS.

It will be interesting to see what they do with them.

You're right, it was an Original. They only released it in Pakistan. I have some "originals" I'll sell you if you want them. They have Chinese subtitles and you can choose from four different scenes to start the movie from, but other that that they seem like very professionally made DVDs. Oh, there's also the lip-sync problem on all three discs, and the complete abscence of an LFE track on Empire Strikes back. Also when I had Episode 1, before it was actually released, The voices throughout the whole movie came from all 5 channels. These hack jobs were nothing but copies of the LaserDisc versions.

On another note, speaking of original vs. special edition, I read about plans to put Natalie Portman into the first one, when it's re-made. Why can't they just leave the movie alone?!!!