WTB RC-7 and RB-75 - Willing to travel to pick up

lwsplking

12 hours ago, JoeDirt said:

I have a single rb75 I’ve been hoping to pair with a loose mate to put in my basement. 
I may end up selling it instead, but it’s a single black 75. 

It would make a good center channel speaker, especially with a pair of RB75s.

I am certain it is overkill, but for the novelty of it all, am trying to either get another pair of rb75 to match my current pair and hang as my front and rear heights. If the rb75s are too difficult to find, then planning on hanging rc7s as my heights.

Currently running rf7s for my front/surr/back surr with an rc7 for my center. I would have gone RF7 for center as well but do not have the room for an AT screen.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, lwsplking said:

I am certain it is overkill, but for the novelty of it all, am trying to either get another pair of rb75 to match my current pair and hang as my front and rear heights. If the rb75s are too difficult to find, then planning on hanging rc7s as my heights.

Currently running rf7s for my front/surr/back surr with an rc7 for my center. I would have gone RF7 for center as well but do not have the room for an AT screen.

No such thing as overkill. I use a pair of P17b as surrounds. Would love to find another pair.

• Like 1

If you plan on passing through Vegas anytime, I have a pair of RB-75 and RC-7 in Cherry that I would most likely part with. The RC-7 is mint, I'd say 9/10. I'd say the RB-75 are 7/10 considering one has a nickel size chip in top right corner from original owner transport. I have all grills as well. I have successfully shipped RB-5's before, but would be a little nervous about shipping the RC-7. I've read stories of the tweeter snapping apart during shipment. I'd most likely pull all drivers and tweeters prior to shipping them but would need to research this a bit.

• Like 3

If you plan on passing through Vegas anytime, I have a pair of RB-75 and RC-7 in Cherry that I would most likely part with. The RC-7 is mint, I'd say 9/10. I'd say the RB-75 are 7/10 considering one has a nickel size chip in top right corner from original owner transport. I have all grills as well. I have successfully shipped RB-5's before, but would be a little nervous about shipping the RC-7. I've read stories of the tweeter snapping apart during shipment. I'd most likely pull all drivers and tweeters prior to shipping them but would need to research this a bit.
I wish I was headed through Vegas! I agree completely. My first RC7 I purchased 2nd hand and had shipped. That exact scenario happened to me. Thankfully the parts were still readily available at that time (2006 maybe?). Seller credited me the cost to purchase replacements and I just swapped the tweeter and woofers. I had a cabinet of loose magnets rolling around by the time it got to me.

I think what you suggest is probably the safest approach to shipping really, remove the woofers and tweeter, package seperately and then ship cabnet and seperate box of components. I had read an article talking through purchasing a bunch of foam to build out bracing within the cabinet to support the drivers, but after all of that I think it would be just as easy/cost effective to break it down and ship seperately.

• Like 1