Question about Factory Refurbished ProMedia 4.1

Outrager

I just got a set of these about 2 weeks ago. I was really expecting more of a flaw. The only cosmetic defect I can see is a VERY small dent on the edge of a satalite. Its so small that no one notices unless they actually look for it. I was extremely amazed that this was all that was wrong with the speakers. Been blasting them every day since I got them and they sound amazing, no audible flaws what so ever.

i got my friend to purchase a set of them and after searching them over couldn't find anything to be considered a defect. As far as sound quality, it's exactly the same as a brand new set. i'd recommend saving the extra bucks and getting the refurbs

(one difference though is the length of the warranty)

• 2 weeks later...

Mine had speaker wires that looked like they were used in a house while the walls were being painted 1.gif It had patches of white paint all over and was a tangled mess. But the speakers looked great! There were minor paint scratches on one sattelite. That ia all. The sound quality has been great. No complaints.

Well I just got mine on at Tuesday and it works great, the only scratch that it has was the marking under the subwoofer. I don't see any flaw on other places tho. The comment that I'd like to give is, I didn't trust any 2nd hand before, after I got a dvd player and several dvd disks of second hand, I went everything for 2nd hand instead of 1st hand. The thing is, if you don't trust refurb, get brand new one. If you trust it, get refurb for saving 50bucks :)

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 12/14/2002 9:17:20 PM Big Sheesh wrote:

Don't be cheap! Don't even think about buying the refurbs. If you want assurance and not having to worry about POS quality, then buy brand new! Come on guys. 99.9% of the messages mostly about complaints, on this forum wouldn't be here if you guys bought had bought brand new 4.1's.

----------------

Come on man, give us a break. Do you really think everyone has 250 bucks to plunk down on some speakers? And even if I did, I'm certainly not looking to throw my money out the window. They say factory spec performance and thats all I really care about.

reguards,

-Dan

Will u be willing to pay $10 bucks more for new ones...

I want to get the 4.1, the refurbs from Klisch cose 175 final cost after shipping and tax. Though if i get new ones from..

http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_viewitem.asp?idproduct=191&showit=1

or

http://www.micropro.com/item.htm?item_id=ACSPKHPM4.1&product=

they cose me $187 both places because they have free shipping and no tax in my area...

so just wonder wat will u guys get.

Thanx

Akshay

Well, I believe all said and done I spent 160 on the refurbs, the game VE's being 186, so thats 26 bucks. Something I would be willing to pay but at this point its moot. Still a good deal however, if Im not satisfied with the refurbs I might return them and get those. Thanks for the the tip.

-Dan