Winterizing Speakers

Matt S

13 hours ago, Marvel said:

When my late brother lived in Maine, he always said they had 11 months of snow and 4 weeks of bad sledding. He was, of course, joking, but they can have long winters. When he first went off to college (Michigan Tech in the U.P.), they had 110 inches of snow over the winter, most of which stays on the ground a long time. He shoveled two feet of snow off the tennis court in early May so he could play. 😬

im in iowa & we can get pretty bad winters. mainly cold temps, we hit record lows of -30f last winter & can have 1-2 weeks of single digit highs & -15 lows & pretty good snow....  BUT, that is nothing compared to the UP of michigan.  my mother is from there & relatives still live there, like you said they can have 110-140 inches of snowfall & record temps like i posted for iowa can last for weeks.  my mom used to tell me stories of them having to dig tunnels out to the street, snow would be over the top of the front door!  & they can have snow as early as september & as late as late may!  THAT is what i call a hard winter & would never want to live there during those months, although the summer months are very nice with highs in the lower 80's & no humidity.  im originally from southern california & had never even seen snow until i moved here as a kid... still hate the snow & cold in my late 40's!  

23 hours ago, Marvel said:

When my late brother lived in Maine, he always said they had 11 months of snow and 4 weeks of bad sledding. He was, of course, joking, 😬

you can drive cars on the ice in the winter , just obey the speed limits

• Like 1