HK 430 - Pulse Static Leakage

Ranxeroxlubna

Hello, I've looked around and cannot seem to find anything on this problem.  I purchased this receiver used and it works great.  I have ordered new caps and will be doing a thorough resto on the unit when they arrive. However......

I purchased a Bluetooth receiver and I can hear a high-pitched static pulse coming from the tweeters on both speakers which disappears when I disconnect the Bluetooth receiver.  Okay fine it's a bad receiver; but here is the issue.  It doesn't matter if the receiver is on Aux or Tape, if the selectors are off and/or on other functions. The static pulse can still be heard.  Is this cross leakage an internal problem? Do I need to fix something I'm not aware of, or will the recapping fix this?

Thank you in advance.

MY guess, and it is just a guess, is that it is just rfi fro the BT receiver that is getting picked up by the circuitry in the H/K430.

How does the BT receiver connect to your HK? Have you tried moving it to a different location with respect to the HK, i.e., left side, right side...?

• Like 1

I agree with Bruce.  The problem is probably with the Bluetooth receiver, rather than the HK430.  Are you able to connect the BT receiver to another amp/receiver to see if the noise follows the BT receiver?

I’ve used several BT receivers to pair phones, iPads, etc., to an older Klipsch iPod dock. Some were noisier than others.  It’s been years since I bought the last one, but I’ve had good luck with Harman Kardon and Logitech.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ranxeroxlubna said:

Hello, I've looked around and cannot seem to find anything on this problem.  I purchased this receiver used and it works great.  I have ordered new caps and will be doing a thorough resto on the unit when they arrive. However......

I purchased a Bluetooth receiver and I can hear a high-pitched static pulse coming from the tweeters on both speakers which disappears when I disconnect the Bluetooth receiver.  Okay fine it's a bad receiver; but here is the issue.  It doesn't matter if the receiver is on Aux or Tape, if the selectors are off and/or on other functions. The static pulse can still be heard.  Is this cross leakage an internal problem? Do I need to fix something I'm not aware of, or will the recapping fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Agree, move the BT to another amp and see if the problem follows, first

How is the receiver connected to the HK ?

RCA ?

Try Toslink with glass if both support it.

Solid state usually fails quickly, or lasts a long tome

Could be a bad capacitor from the factory

a lot of products use ultra cheapo Chinese caps

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

RCA was still making CRT TVs when the HK430 was made.

So... I should have said rca connector inputs, also called phono inputs, because the tonearms in most old consoles had those connectors for the phono cartridge cables to plug into the console electronics (tube equipment in the early days).  🙄

37 minutes ago, Marvel said:

So... I should have said rca connector inputs, also called phono inputs, because the tonearms in most old consoles had those connectors for the phono cartridge cables to plug into the console electronics (tube equipment in the early days).  🙄

No Bruce.  You were correct referring to the RCA plugs.  I was merely trying to emphasize that RCA plugs were the state of the art at the time.

• Like 1