connect turntable to soundbar

ar307acorn

• 2 months later...

Hello !

I'm an absolute newbie audio-wise, and I wanted to double-check regarding the possibility to play vinyls through the klipsch 600. I currently have a samsung soundbar (no aux) and I want to buy a turntable with a preamp built in (either rega planar 1 plus or the sony PS-HX500) to enjoy the collection of vinyls from my father (which he does not listen to anymore). I would sell my current bar to my brother in law and then buy the klipsch.

To summarize the thread above, if I buy a simple RCA (red and white) to jack cable, I could listen to the vinyls with the klipsch 600 ?

I'm kind of desperate right now because I can't clutter my living room with self-powered speakers due to the fact that it's an open living area with kitchen etc and I want to keep it minimal, and so few modern soundbars have AUX in, let alone RCA. And also, I still do not want to trade sound quality because other soundbars with AUX in are small and cheap.

In the affirmative, should I buy an amp as well down the road ? Would it improve sound quality ?

And also, would the sub-woofer also function with the turntable or only the soundbar ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

• 2 years later...