Help, The Sixes Won’t connect to any other app on TV

DamDan

Got a pair of Klipsch The Sixes for christmas and they sounds great. The issue I have is that the only apps on the TV that connect to the pair are Youtube and Spotify. Netflix, Disney+, and all other apps are defaulting to the TV speakers.

The pair is plugged in via optical, and even when setting the audio on the TV to optical, I get no response. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, DamDan said:

Got a pair of Klipsch The Sixes for christmas and they sounds great. The issue I have is that the only apps on the TV that connect to the pair are Youtube and Spotify. Netflix, Disney+, and all other apps are defaulting to the TV speakers.

The pair is plugged in via optical, and even when setting the audio on the TV to optical, I get no response. 

Welcome to the Forum. Nice Christmas present!

I'm sure a member here will have some ideas on this soon. 

Are you running from the optical out of the TV to the input of the Sixes? Not the optical output of the cable box right?

Travis

• Moderators

Does your TV have RCA outputs by chance? If so, do you have stereo RCA to RCA cable handy. This would help with process of elimination on the issue, which I think is something on the settings on the TV, and has nothing to do with the Sixes themselves. 

I can't think of a reason why Netflix or Disney won't output from the digital cable to the Sixes the same way as Spotify does. 

On 12/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the Forum. Nice Christmas present!

I'm sure a member here will have some ideas on this soon. 

Are you running from the optical out of the TV to the input of the Sixes? Not the optical output of the cable box right?

Travis

Yes that is correct, I am running the optical out of the TV. 

I have tried the RCA to RCA and still got no response. 

I was able to connect to the apps via bluetooth, and that worked well... for one day that is. The TV shows that it has connected the the speakers via bluetooth but the Sixes themselves continue to blink white and get no response even when following the manuals instructions. 

14 minutes ago, DamDan said:

I was able to connect to the apps via bluetooth, and that worked well... for one day that is. The TV shows that it has connected the the speakers via bluetooth but the Sixes themselves continue to blink white and get no response even when following the manuals instructions. 

you have to check your settings ----------

try the following steps. This will put the speakers into a manual pairing mode.

1. With the speakers powered on, change the source to Bluetooth (white LED will slowly blink)
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the remote for a full 2-3 seconds (white LED will quickly blink)
  3. Pair to The Sixes on a Bluetooth enabled device

If you are still having issues connecting, it is recommended to perform a full factory reset.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, DamDan said:

Disconnect optical,.run rca out of TV (be sure they.are outputs, not inputs) to RCA Sixes inputs.. Will TV play through sixes? Will it play all apps from TV?  If it does than it's an issue of.certain apps not outputting and that an issue for TV Mfr. 

If you are not getting anything to the Sixes, than you need to.check audio out setting of TV, are they on,.are they on variable output (with TV volume control?)? 

If you have something else.with RCA outputs, try that and see if it plays through Sixes. If it plays through.sixes than it's an output issue with TV.

You can confirm this by connecting Sixes to another TV

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

you have to check your settings ----------

try the following steps. This will put the speakers into a manual pairing mode.

1. With the speakers powered on, change the source to Bluetooth (white LED will slowly blink)
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the remote for a full 2-3 seconds (white LED will quickly blink)
  3. Pair to The Sixes on a Bluetooth enabled device

If you are still having issues connecting, it is recommended to perform a full factory reset.

Thank you Randy.

@DamDan listen to this guy,.he's 100x smarter than me on this stuff