Advice on buying Heresy II (1985?)

SenorPwnador

Hey all, I'm just starting to put together a hobby room/man cave space, and an opportunity to buy a pair of Heresy II floor speakers from 1985. Is there a way for me to test them without dragging out a receiver/amp to the sellers home? Also, is there anything that is a common issue with these that I should be on the lookout for? Images attached here.

Edited by SenorPwnador
more detail

• Moderators
3 hours ago, SenorPwnador said:

Hey all, I'm just starting to put together a hobby room/man cave space, and an opportunity to buy a pair of Heresy II floor speakers from 1985. Is there a way for me to test them without dragging out a receiver/amp to the sellers home? Also, is there anything that is a common issue with these that I should be on the lookout for? Images attached here.

There isn't really away to test them without hooking them up. You could test drivers with an ohm meter, but won't tell you whole story (a woofer with giant hole in cone will show exactly what it is supposed to show on DCR, but won't tell you that the cone is destroyed .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenorPwnador said:

Is there a way for me to test them without dragging out a receiver/amp to the sellers home?

I Would start by asking the seller if he has an amplifier and a CD player to test the speakers  -if he does , great , otherwise  , bring your gear and have a listen   -

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, SenorPwnador said:

Bring your own amp and music you know with some short cables you may be on a table top

Take the grills off and inspect the surrounds and speakers

Look at photos of H2s with the Grills off on line, so you know what they look like

Check the rears for the inspection stickers and serial numbers