Fisher 500c repair

fini

I just got off the phone with Mike Zuccaro in San Diego. Apparently, he's a well regarded audio equipment technician, specializing in tuner alignment. I have only seen rave reviews of his work. He certainly seemed nice on the phone, answering my stupid questions, and all. Looks like I'll be sending the 500c off to him for a going-over. His turn-around time is weeks, not months (or years). I read that Allan Songer has used Mike's services. Anyone else, here?

fini

Mike Z. is working on a Fisher X-100 I picked up at a garage sale last month. He had it for about a week before it got on the bench. He has also "tuned up" a couple of tuners (Accuphase T-101, Sony 5000FW) for me. Great guy, easy to talk to, very reasonable prices. There may be one caveat (for some), not a big believer in "Audio Voodoo". I think he would have loved to have one of PWK's "Bull**it" pins. Pretty much likes to bring things up to original spec, with little or no modification. He has given me the impression that he finds some peoples obsession with "tweaking" comical. He once told me there was no way anyone in a blind test could possible identify some of the mods/tweaks that seem so popular today. Highly recommended.