E-bay seller !! what a laugh

Dale W

WELL GREAT !!!!!!

Now this guy's not replying to my e-mails.

I have no idea whats happening with my amps and my visa transaction has already gone through.Anyone live in colorado ? May you could go bang on this guys door for me.

ooopppss !! maybe he read my post. AHHHGGG.

Whats the next step ??? This is olny my second e-bay purchase and the first one went fine.

Dale,

I recieved a email from him. Did you get to the point where he had my email address although I had talked to him during the auction about the amps it took all I could do not to ring the BIN button. Anyway here's what his email said to me and this was out of the blue I just assumed you have gave him the info to contact me. But then he replied to a email I had sent him day's ago before you had bought them kind of confusing huh !

The amps went out today, with a predicted arrival of four days on. I'll get

the tracking no. tomorrow and send it on.-- John

Until a few days ago, I would have said PayPal is fine. I don't mind paying their percentage. However, if you ever have a problem with them--and I don't want to get into my particular case--you will rue the day you ever became invloved with them. PayPal is rude, belligerent, and impossible to deal with if there is a problem. Their attitude is "Too fu**ing bad, Buddy." I will never use them again.

There are a number of anti-PayPal sites up on the internet if you run a search, including nopaypal.com and paypalsucks.com. They have plenty of horror stories.

So, yes PayPal is fine when it works smoothly. But if you are one of their victims, you will learn what it means to be screwed over by script-reading customer service goons.

I have'nt used pay-pal enough to make a intelligent comment on the subject yet.

My original posting was made because i was angry and needed a place to vent.

seems to me by the comments made here that there are pro's and con's to the process as with any other transaction made between to unknown parties.

We all know the old saying " BUYER BEWARE ".

If you are lucky, PayPal will work fine. If you ever run into trouble, you will understand fully why I have joined thousands of other people in spreading the anti-PayPal word. Yes, there are millions of happy campers, so the odds are in your favor of a pleasant transaction.

yeah dale, i had 1 just like yours, he wanted to sell me a pair of corns for just about what i got mine for, except he wanted me to include an open check for shipping, he would not take the time to check on shipping, or drive 2000 miles to pick them up? i told him 3 times i would take them if he would just make an all inclusive offer, he would not, so i backed away, and his auction ended 200 under my bid, funny how much people like having sex with themselves???12.gif

As a seller my perspective on PayPal is similar to that of being a Credit Card merchant. These services cost the seller, but they also provide VALUE. I believe that I can get more bids/sales by accepting PayPal. People like to pay with credit cards. I look at PayPal as a cost of business and include it in my pricing strategy. There are listing fees, PayPal fees, shipping fees, and packing material costs. Businesses have fees. Some are itemized and optional to the buyer and others are built-in to the price. They should be known to the buyer and not hidden until post sale. If an auction accepts PayPal then the fee should be built-in to sellers margin requirements since ebay won't let sellers list the service as an optional buyer paid service.

As a buyer I am much more likely to purchase from a seller that accepts PayPal. In many cases I would pay the exact PayPal fee to the seller if that was stated up front. I would just bid accordingly just as I have lower bid limits when shipping is high. If I was asked to pay the PayPal fees after the fact from a seller that listed the auction as PayPal accepted then I would be upset.

I agree with Tripod - I used paypal a few times and I never have a fee because I transfer funds directly from my checking account, NOT my credit card. The only problem I've had was with a Philips HTIB system I bought from somebody - the thing didn't work and he was kind enough to refund my money via Paypal immediately, but Paypal then held onto it for 5 business days or something and it pissed me the hell off because I knew they were doing this to everyone and were making some serious dough holding millions of dollars from thousands of customers for weeks at a time.

I've used PayPal for almost 2 years now and never experienced any problems...yet. I've accepted their fees for the added convenience of buying/selling on eBay. I hope I never get screwed by them! 8.gif If there's an item I'm interested in bidding on, I'll e-mail the seller first and ask questions, not only about the item, but added fees, methods of payment, shipping charges, etc. So far this technique has worked quite well for me, and I know beforehand about fees/charges before I ever make my first bid! Dale may have done this also, and after the auction closed, the seller told him about added fees not originally described during the auction (sorry, I forgot what transpired). It's risky business...you have to take that person's word when he describes his item, and hope you receive the item you won after paying for it (some take the money and run, and you're left several hundred short and no item)! Guess I've been damn lucky so far. 12.gif

All is well now. Craig recieved the amps last week and has allready went through them. So this was a positive pay-pal transaction.

Now the e-bay purchase thats starting to get under my skin, is a pair of 511b horns i bought via a money order from vintage electronics in oregon. I tracked my money order over the net and it was recieved by them on the 7th of dec, todays the 23rd and still no horns.

The old adage that your real freinds are known only during moments of adversity holds true here...I have had serious problems with paypal. when it worked, it worked fine, when I started to have some problems making payments and asked for help they showed the terrible side that others have alluded to. not only could they not fix my problem but I have not been able to get them to cancel my account! I have since made hundreds of on-line purchases using bidpay, western union, etc. ANYTHING but paypal! thi sin strong contracst with other on-line companies that have showed me real interest in my business over the years, by helping when there was a problem. Amazon has won loyalty from me, drugstore.com as well, paypal is one of the few companies that has won my disdain. just MTC...tony

sunnysal,

PayPal, like some other firms, make it very confusing to do something they don't want you to do. Many have given up in frustration.

This is from nopaypal.com:

How do I close my PayPal account?

You'll have to log into your account first. Then click on "help," then "contact us" and then on the left click on "account basics," then "my profile," and the right bottom you'll see "How do I close my PayPal account?" We also recommend that you remove any checking and credit card accounts before you close your account.

eBay is also just as unhelpful when it comes to fraud; they are just polite about telling you that you are screwed. After their intensive week-long investigation, they sent me a form letter saying they are not responsible for anything and will not help on anything.

After I wrote eBay back telling them I expected more than a form letter in response, they sent me this one:

I appreciate you keeping us updated on this matter.

We have given you all the information that we will be sharing with you

regarding this situation.

Any further emails regarding this matter will be read, however, unless

they contain any additional information that is pertinent to our ended

investigation, may no longer be answered.

Thank you for being a valuable member of our community.

Regards,

Oswald

Fraud Prevention Group

Point being, eBay and PayPal work fine most of the time. But when you have a problem with someone, you are not only totally on your own, but eBay and PayPal go out of their way to protect the bad guys and put up roadblocks to you doing anything about the matter.

I guess one way of looking at it is like the retail business--you know you're going to have a certain amount of theft and that's simply part of the cost of doing business.

I purchased a P-4 CPU back a few years ago on ebay and never recieved it. I went thru there fraud complaint process no problem and than there insurance paid me back all but $25 no problem and than Ebay filed a postal fraud case against the seller and he was jailed !! I think they do fine if you follow the process to its end.

Craig

All these companies have the policies and procedures to follow and if you do them properly it works out fine in the end. At least this is my expereince !