Loose Cornwall I back panel screws

SonofJames

I have several screws on my back panels of my newly acquired 78 ' Birch Cornwall I Decorators that go all the way in and are still turn/are loose. Is there a best way to fix these ?

Was thinking about using good wood filler applying with a toothpick in the holes, dry for 3 days, new pilot holes and new screws ?

Much obliged.

1 hour ago, Madman1 said:

Toothpicks broken off will do pretty good without the filler. 

I like toothpicks also! I like to stick a toothpick in hole for measurement. Instead of cutting toothpick (s) off flush I cut just slightly shorter then the  measured toothpick, you now have a little - cup -that helps to hold screw straight when installing. Line up screw, tap with screwdriver and turn in hole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofJames said:

I have several screws on my back panels of my newly acquired 78 ' Birch Cornwall I Decorators that go all the way in and are still turn/are loose. Is there a best way to fix these ?

Was thinking about using good wood filler applying with a toothpick in the holes, dry for 3 days, new pilot holes and new screws ?

Much obliged.

whether toothpicks -----chopsticks  ---wood fragments , it's all good , but you need glue -

• Thanks 1