Cartidge / Needle Recs for Technics SL-1500 / Marantz 1060 / Forte's

Hello!

Have found this forum a great help in the past, and have another question:

My current set up is a Technics SL-1500 with Ortofon OM 3E connected to a Marantz 1060 connected to Klipsch Forte's

I think my needle / cartridge needs replacement and am curious if people have any recommendations? Are the Ortofon 2M blue or red really worth it? Are there any needles/cartridges ideal for this set up??

Thanks for the help!

Michael

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Hello!

Have found this forum a great help in the past, and have another question:

My current set up is a Technics SL-1500 with Ortofon OM 3E connected to a Marantz 1060 connected to Klipsch Forte's

I think my needle / cartridge needs replacement and am curious if people have any recommendations? Are the Ortofon 2M blue or red really worth it? Are there any needles/cartridges ideal for this set up??

Thanks for the help!

Michael

Among other things, I have almost all of the same components that you do, and use both of the red and blue at times. They are an excellent value and I would highly recommend them.

• Like 1

If you buy the ortofoon OM20 or OM30, you could keep your original cartridge, while enjoying spectacular audio quality upgrade. The OM10, which I own, is fine too, and similar in price with the OM E3. 

If you buy the M2 blue or red, you'll need to replace the whole cartridge.