Eminence Production Problems

Dave A

I have a order for woofers at PE. They could not fill them and just gave me a we expect to have more by the 15th of June. So I go to USSpeaker and place an order and get this email back. Relevant parts talking about delay time and why quoted. Looks like not only are we going to pay a lot more in many cases there will be a long wait time also for product.

"Also Eminence told me yesterday they have not made any speakers in the last 12 days because they have no magnets and won't have anymore magnets for at least 10-14 days at best. They sent their employees home last week. I can't see how they will have speakers by the 15th.
See below from Eminence as of yesterday.

"I’m sorry to say this but nothing has changed in the past few weeks, we cannot even build a partial right now. We are waiting on the magnet container that’s been in California for 4 weeks now. Once it gets on the rail it will take 10 to 14 days to reach us, as of this morning  the containers still not loaded on for shipment to us.   Our final production line  is pretty much shut down at the moment waiting on parts. We haven’t built any speakers in the past 12 days waiting on the magnets. We are however building the coils and metal assemblies so once the other parts get in house we will be ready for the final build. We sent the employees home last week two days because nothing for them to do until magnets arrive.

As to an ETA this I’m sorry we can’t even estimate at this time. Sorry for the delay but not much we can do at this time."

So many things like this seem to be the "new norm" with all that's gone on over the last year and some change.  We run into this trying to get new switches, computers, storage, etc., for city government network gear needed.  All of this has been crippling in so many ways.

IMO, the new norm is just a magnifier/catalyst.  From higher altitude, it's also the logical result from global out-sourcing that has been happening for decades.  We're lucky to have domestic driver suppliers at all anymore and I'm grateful they're still extant.  Some raw materials are a bugger, though, and uneasy politics would seem to exert price pressure too.  The chip-foundry thing will be interesting to watch as well.  Gawd do I sound like a geezer or what?  Appreciate the heads-up, Dave.  Guess we get to do more with less...again...can't even feel it anymore : )