How would I hook the DD-5.1 up to my PC\ current Klipsch PM-5.1s?

Bop ICOPI

I am thinking about getting a DD-5.1, but I need to know a few things. First, how would I hook these up to my speakers? Would I have to buy RCA cables and hook them up from the amp on the sub to the the decoder? And if so, how would I connect the subwoofer to it?

Also, how would I connect the PM-5.1s directly to my PC digitally? I hear that some people who connect it through optical or coaxial only get 2 speakers to sound when in games\music.

If anyone knows where I can find a manual to the DD-5.1s, that would help too.

Well I have a soundcard that can do true 5.1(Audigy 1). But I want to know if I hook up my speakers to the DD-5.1, then hook the DD 5.1 to my Audigy by the optical output on my Platinum drive, would I be able to get 5.1 sourround sound in windows\games like I do with the analogs? I use to have a Cambridge DTT3500 and I think that I only got 2 channels with optical(I tried the Audigy mixer thingy,the thing that says Front Left, Center, etc...).

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some y-adapters from Radio Shack. Run two sets of audio cables, one from the analog outs on the sound card, and one from the outs on the DD-5.1, then plug them into the y-adapters (same channel (from DD-5.1 and sound card outs) on each adapter and plug the 3 adapters into the Promedia Sub.

This will allow you to at least play EAX games using analog sound. And if you want digital output instead for movies and such, you only need to check the Digital Output Only box in your sound properties. Works great with my SB Audigy 2 Platinum.

Geoff

Creative, makers of the MegaWorks and DTT's, use a proprietary plug with their digital out in the Audigies which carries the 5.1 digital signaling. Since it's proprietary this will only work with the Creative speakers which are made to work with 5.1 in this fashion. Standard digital connectors won't support it.

----------------

On 1/3/2003 12:52:59 PM VampireHD wrote:

I bought some y-adapters from Radio Shack. Run two sets of audio cables, one from the analog outs on the sound card, and one from the outs on the DD-5.1, then plug them into the y-adapters (same channel (from DD-5.1 and sound card outs) on each adapter and plug the 3 adapters into the Promedia Sub.

This will allow you to at least play EAX games using analog sound. And if you want digital output instead for movies and such, you only need to check the Digital Output Only box in your sound properties. Works great with my SB Audigy 2 Platinum.

Geoff

----------------

u are one brave promedia owner!3.gif curse creative for making that proprietary... I am debating whether I should get DD-5.1, I find myself playing less and less PC games, watch DVD with PS2, and there are some PS2 games with DTS support. is DTS support for PS2 getting popular? I only have it on grand theft auto: vice city. baaaaah, what to do...