ALK Universal Economy crossovers for Chorus II ?

pcbiz

Al says he has nothing for the Chorus II. That is a shame, because I love what the Universal Economy crossovers have done for my Heresy I speakers. Is there a mod for the Universal Economy to make it "safe" for the Chorus II? Or has anyone tried it?

I know how to solder and use a multimeter.

• pcbiz changed the title to ALK Universal Economy crossovers for Chorus II ?
1 hour ago, geezin' said:

That's something to ask him. He does say the Forte I/II upgrade is not compatible with the Chorus.

I already have. He has no advice or mods for the Chorus II crossover, so I'm on a quest to get the ALK sound for my Chorus II set.

9 minutes ago, pcbiz said:

so I'm on a quest to get the ALK sound for my Chorus II set.

That's kind of funny. I had a set of Chorus II at my house for a while. I liked them a lot. I use to say they were my favorite after my La Scalas.

Not sure what the ALK sound is... it might not be what the Klipsch sound is that I liked.

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

That's kind of funny. I had a set of Chorus II at my house for a while. I liked them a lot. I use to say they were my favorite after my La Scalas.

Not sure what the ALK sound is... it might not be what the Klipsch sound is that I liked.

ALK is pretty much the same as the newest Klipsch Heritage speaker crossovers. They have made my Heresy I set sound more like a Heresy III.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've given up on the ALK crossovers, but the Crites crossovers are sounding really good. 

New titanium tweeter diaphragms

New midrange diaphragms

New passive radiators

New 2 inch risers

New 10awg pure copper wiring

New Crites crossovers

I also used Kilmat on the horns, which was a huge improvement.

I'm pretty new to Klipsch. My only reference points are the Forte III and Heresy III. My goal was to get these closer to the modern Klipsch sound, and I have succeeded!

Google Drive image