Vintage Cornwall II advice wanted

bellcars

I have a set of 1967 Cornwall II speakers that my father bought new in 1968. They are vertical Alnico tweeters and Alnico metal horns, silver fixed grills with the black pie logo. I don't know much about them but I know they we're hardly ever used. The original veneer is nice but has some minor stains being 50+ years old. I've read these are the most desirable Cornwall versions. 

Can anyone help me value them and tell me the best place to list them for sale? 

@bellcars,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the monetary value of your Cornwalls but being that your father was the original owner and they have stood the test of time for 53 years, do your self a favor and keep them as a tribute to your father.  Unless you are in desperate need for the $$$, have them restored/renewed and enjoy them.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, willland said:

@bellcars,

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about the monetary value of your Cornwalls but being that your father was the original owner and they have stood the test of time for 53 years, do your self a favor and keep them as a tribute to your father.  Unless you are in desperate need for the $$$, have them restored/renewed and enjoy them.

Bill

I second that! If You sell those Cornwalls now, you´ll be hard pressed to find something like them again. That being said, do You enjoy listening to music from time to time, like sitting down infront of your speakers?

Quite a few new members here came with the intent to sell, but, on the way changed their minds. Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 2

if it's a valuation you are looking for, you might post a few good photos to show the condition.

the interior is a bit less important as the exterior because pretty much everything mechanically can be fixed or upgraded.

sight unseen, probably in that 1000-1500 range.