Yamaha RX V363 Receiver powerful enough for Klipsch RP600M?

andytong619

It's powerful enough on it's own, but when you start adding more speakers, it's going to start straining a bit.  The RX-V363 has a maximum power output of 235 Watts for all 5 of it's channels.  So don't let the 100WPC or whatever fool you.  It doesn't put out more than 40 WPC all channels driven.

14 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

It's powerful enough on it's own, but when you start adding more speakers, it's going to start straining a bit.  The RX-V363 has a maximum power output of 235 Watts for all 5 of it's channels.  So don't let the 100WPC or whatever fool you.  It doesn't put out more than 40 WPC all channels driven.

Ahh okay. The Yamaha RX V363 is only a temporary solution for the front left/right and centre. I probably will upgrade the receiver once I am adding more. Thank you for your reply!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The RX V363 delivers 5 x 100 Watt / 6 Ohm , the RP 600 has a sensivity over 96 dB and the RP 400 C got 95 dB sensivity . This one dB difference can be measurred but won´t be audible

Ahh okay. So if the RX V363 is a 6 ohm receiver, and the RP600M & RP400C both are 8 ohm speakers, will there be a problem? Or are they compatible?

1 minute ago, andytong619 said:

Ahh okay. So if the RX V363 is a 6 ohm receiver, and the RP600M & RP400C both are 8 ohm speakers, will there be a problem? Or are they compatible?

It'll be fine.

Just remember that the maximum power you'll get running the 600 and 400 is around 75 WPC max.  If it's temporary, I'd say lay on it and pull the trigger.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, andytong619 said:

The impedance of a speaker is always only a guide, the impedances vary mostly between 2 ohms and 8 ohms, except for impedance peaks, these can also be at, for example, 32 ohms. 

It will work fine they´re are compatible

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

It'll be fine.

Just remember that the maximum power you'll get running the 600 and 400 is around 75 WPC max.  If it's temporary, I'd say lay on it and pull the trigger.

Ahh okay. I guess I would never be in a situation that needs to run each channel of th 600 and 400 to 75 watts? I mean what will draw that much power.

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The impedance of a speaker is always only a guide, the impedances vary mostly between 2 ohms and 8 ohms, except for impedance peaks, these can also be at, for example, 32 ohms. 

It will work fine they´re are compatible

Nice! Thats good, thanks for the replies!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andytong619 said:

Ahh okay. I guess I would never be in a situation that needs to run each channel of th 600 and 400 to 75 watts? I mean what will draw that much power.

Even it would be 40WPC/ 8 Ohms , that´s powerful enough because of the sensivity of the speakers mentioned above

4 minutes ago, andytong619 said:

It will cause distortion eventually at higher levels of playback, and many movie scenes will momentarily jump to that.  Explosions, for example, use a lot of power.  The usual overhead that I go with is between 30 and 75 WPC over the continuous output recommendation.

So if my speakers are rated at 150, I'd aim at 200, if they're 100, I'd aim at 150.  That's a guide though, not a rule.  But generally I'll try and match the WPC recommendation (thus my adjustment to power amps).  Stable power supplies that can provide power is the key though, and most entry AVRs will not supply that.  It's all centered on cleanliness of power.

3 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

It will cause distortion eventually at higher levels of playback, and many movie scenes will momentarily jump to that.  Explosions, for example, use a lot of power.  The usual overhead that I go with is between 30 and 75 WPC over the continuous output recommendation.

So if my speakers are rated at 150, I'd aim at 200, if they're 100, I'd aim at 150.  That's a guide though, not a rule.  But generally I'll try and match the WPC recommendation (thus my adjustment to power amps).

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I guess it would be good to keep that in mind. Never really understand all the WPC/continuous output stuff until now.

So in my case, the 600 are rated at 100, it would be nice to have a 150? And right now the RX V363 is 100 WPC, so it is not ideal but it will work?