Well, I'm officially back in the Epic club

avguytx

So, its possibly a room issue.    Just because it's so easy to do, turn the treble knob down a tick or two and see what happens.    I'm glad you're digging the Epics bass,  as do I.   Perhaps, some room treatments might diminish the high frequencies as well.  

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

So, its possibly a room issue.    Just because it's so easy to do, turn the treble knob down a tick or two and see what happens.    I'm glad you're digging the Epics bass,  as do I.   Perhaps, some room treatments might diminish the high frequencies as well.  

Yeah, most likely room issue, which seems to be the norm.  The treble control on the preamp is at 20kHz and I'm not sure of the Q on that.  Dropping it a notch does decrease a little of the harshness but it is probably shelved down where it's not dropping a lot.  I could probably get by with a Schiit Loki as it has HF controls at 2kHz and 8kHz which is about the only areas that I'm worried about.  Matter of fact, there's one in Garage Sale.

• Like 1