Looking for a specific bookshelf speaker

iDunno

I have a old and great kenwood 2x120w amp and i want to hook up some bookshelf speakers to the amp, but the speakers are actually going IN a bookshelf that has a height of 7 1/4, and depth of 9 3/4 (but i must keep some space in the back for the port unless it is front-ported). I can lay the speaker horizontally if that works. If its Klipsch its better!

So can you recommend me some brands or models?

Oh and it must be better than the JBL HLS410 i have currently.

Oh and under $200

Thanks

For that small of a size, my recommendation would be something like the KG2, or one of that series that has the outside dimensions that would allow it to fit while on its side...they are often found well-within your stated spending limits on eBay. While I do not have their exact dimensions, the sellers on eBay can provide them if you fire off an email to them. There are a number of small bookshelf speakers that the company made over the years...the ones of the KG series are unique in the designs of most of their high frequency top-ends in that they are radial dispersion units, instead of rectangularly-shaped horn lenses, that perform well on either their sides or standing upright...that is one of the reasons I recommend them in an application such as yours.

idunno,

I just had a GTREAT BIG LAUGH over your error message! That is so great...if I post my Email address will you send it to me???

The measurements you gave are a tough one! It's too bad you can't fudge a little. I was going to suggest what I consider to be one of the best book-shelve's I've ever heard/owned--but I just measured one and you need 8 3/4" tall and they would have to lay down at that...sorry

Oh! they are JBL L1's.

Cornwaller

Yeah, the error message is a ball of laughs. Original. And just like one of those annoying ad schemes now using the same type error messages. Nothing like watching your screen redraw it too as it's repeated several times. IF we can just convince 10-20 others to do the same! O Happy Day!

Trouble clearing your budget but take a look at Paradigm ATOM and PSB Alpha. Amazingly enough, the little POLK RT series has some good sounding options, although it's hard to fathom.

UP the price quite a bit and you have the GREAT ProAc Tablettes as well.

STaying under $200 can only be done used, and even then you are pusing the quality envelope..

kh