Davy38

Davy38

the sub wont work if you connect the AVR sub out to the line out on the sub. 

they are just as labeled, one is for the line in to get a signal to the sub, & one is for line out to send a crossed over signal to a separate amp. 

Thank you so much.  I have another issue that the sub will not turn off after 15 minutes as it did in the past so I have to manually disconnect cord from outlet.  I am assuming it can stay on and not do any damage to the if left on permanently.

1 hour ago, Davy38 said:

Thank you so much.  I have another issue that the sub will not turn off after 15 minutes as it did in the past so I have to manually disconnect cord from outlet.  I am assuming it can stay on and not do any damage to the if left on permanently.

A lot of people just leave their subs on all the time.

19 hours ago, Davy38 said:

if the auto off feature isnt working it either went bad or there is noise in the line from something like maybe a ground loop in the power cable.  easiest way to deal with it not shutting off is to get a power strip or surge suppressor with an on/off switch.  good idea to have a surge supp anyways for audio gear to protect from lightning & power surges. 

leaving the sub on all the time is debatable, even with the auto off feature the amp is still seeing power to portions of the circuits & from what ive been told by eletronics guys is that its best to unplug or switch off the power when not in use for long periods of time, a couple days shouldnt be a problem, more for like if you dont use it all week when at work & only for a few hours on the weekend, or when away on vacation etc.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

if the auto off feature isnt working it either went bad or there is noise in the line from something like maybe a ground loop in the power cable.  easiest way to deal with it not shutting off is to get a power strip or surge suppressor with an on/off switch.  good idea to have a surge supp anyways for audio gear to protect from lightning & power surges. 

leaving the sub on all the time is debatable, even with the auto off feature the amp is still seeing power to portions of the circuits & from what ive been told by eletronics guys is that its best to unplug or switch off the power when not in use for long periods of time, a couple days shouldnt be a problem, more for like if you dont use it all week when at work & only for a few hours on the weekend, or when away on vacation etc.