Focal Kanta 2 versus Klipsch Forte IV

Fido

the Kanta 2 is a Beryllium tweeter design ,  and Flax Woofer cones , it sounds like  a quasi Studio Monitor which is unlike the Forte IV or the CW IV  due to their Horns ,  the Mids and HF of the Focal are to die for , if I would compare  the Kanta 2 to a klipsch speaker , I would compare it  to a  Klipsch Palladium P-38F .

I haven’t compared the two, but I have heard the Kanta 2. A friend of mine has had a pair for a few years. They are very good and easy to listen to. Not nearly as efficient as fortes, he has always used high powered SS amps.

Going on memory of the Forte IIIs (haven’t heard the IVs) I would say the Kantas are more refined and transparent but the fortes are more visceral and exciting. Both are very good and it’s a matter of taste. I know that’s a non answer, but I’m sticking to it.

Thanks for the feedback. There are a pair of beautiful Kanta 2s in pristine condition available not far from me for just over $6,000. Just wondering what they sound like??????? I am very happy with my Forte IVs but I am forever curious about lots of different equipment.