Bulls**t Buttons?

greg928gts

Can you say Bull**** in this forum? I figure if PWK did, then it's o.k. for us!

Also, I figure since the newbies at the Klipsch company, IN MY OPINION, turned around and committed the "heresy" of producing bull**** speakers for the Circuit City crowd, then I have every right to throw that word right back at them.

Anyone have any bull**** buttons for sale? I only have 1 left. It's a pretty cool one though, it went through the dryer one time about 20 years ago, and came out still mostly yellow, with brown blotches all over it. Appropriate don't you think?

Greg

I'm sure there are people on this board that can tell the story a lot better than I can. But as I understand it; One day long ago, Paul Klipsch had a salesman make a call to his office trying to tell all about a great new speaker that he had. To Paul, this was just another inefficient, inaccurate, boring box with mediocre drivers installed in it. Well I guess the salesman persisted, Paul got pissed, and told him his speakers, all of the other box speakers being built out there, and the theories behind them were nothing but "bull****". So adamant that this "message" needed to be spread, he used his network of dealers (at that time only selling the Heritage series)to distribute the message with bright yellow round pins that they could hand out to their customers and other salesmen that came calling. Written on the pin in small, understated, black olde-english print was the word "Bull****". Paul Klipsch was known to be a little eccentric and outspoken. For me, at the age of 16, the bull**** button, worn proudly at any time or any place, was the perfect symbol to represent my feelings about the superiority of Klipsch speakers vs. the JBL's, Advents, Bose, Radio Shack, etc... flooding the market with boring box speakers all of which needed a 100 times more power to produce the same volume level as the Klipsch, and didn't even come close to the sound quality either. I used to have all kinds of the buttons, but I ended up giving them all away, or leaving them on the counters of audio stores, or I lost them.

I used to own a t-shirt that on the front said "I Own Klipsch" and on the back said "Beware of Bose, Distortion Kills"! I can't count how many times I got kicked out of the local Bose dealers store!

Those were the days.

So I don't know if everyone can relate to how I and others from that "Heritage only" generation felt over the years as we watched the Klipsch company turn from a small, independent, proud company, producing a very unique product like no other in the world, to one that is competing with all the other boring box speaker manufacturers for who can come out with the greatest number of black tower speakers aimed at getting more market share? But it saddens me.

I think we need a bull**** button re-issue.

Greg