Cornwalls STILL for sale

JCturboT

If none of you have dealt with turbo, he is an excellant communicator.

I bought an amp from him, and send him a money order site unseen. He let me know what was going on every step of the way. (money order arrival, shipping, packaging, tracking number. He even included copies of his emails from his dealings with Craig when he had it rebuilt for me to read - he really went the extra mile, and I didn't have to ask, he just did it.) It should be here in a couple of days and it sounds like he did an excellant packing job too.

If you step back from the situation, it sounds scarry too. Imagine telling someone, "hey, I started talking to some guys on a forum, and a month later I send a guy I never met a money order for an amp I have never even seen a picture of." Doesn't sound good, but turbo has been a pleasure to deal with (unless a box with a broken radio shack receiver shows up in place of the scott!!)

Anyway, just though that I would vouch for him.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the compliment-I appreciate it.

There are two things I wanted to mention to you regarding your future Scott amp...

1. When Craig had restored the amp for me he knew the music I was into and did a "bass mode" on it to perform better in the lower volume listening.It involved two resistors and if you don't like the sound or want to try it as stock these can just be removed from the circuit.They are detailed in one of Craigs letters you will find enclosed.If you need furter info you can discuss this with Criag himself (NOS440)

2.When I was over Chris Robinsons house picking up your speaker grill cloth I mentioned to him that you would be sending some cash to cover the grill cloth and Chris had just told me to keep it as he said there was no charge for the cloth.I enclosed the envolope it with the paperwork you will be receiving.

See guys-there are nice people on this Forum after all.

Just don't get me started on Dean.

kiddin' Deano-hope the new babys a New Year baby.

Jeff

----------------

On 12/31/2002 8:38:09 PM talktoKeith wrote:

Any info, such as condition/price/ser#, location?

Keith
----------------

Keith

Cornwall 1s- Oiled Oak with brown grill-Serial # 8448901/8448902.Bought from original owner-have all paperwork as well as Klipsch shipping boxes.I would rate a 8.5 out of 10 only due to a water stain on top of one cabinet.

Asking $800.00 plus shippping.

Located in Fitchburg, MA 01420

Jeff

Chris, as you know, I did an extensive listening session with that amp (2 weeks) which Jeff so kindly loaned to me while my Eico was over at Craig's for expert updating. You are receiving a very sweet amp! Jeff is also a VERY NICE and HONEST guy and you can take every word he says to the bank.

For any prospective buyers of the Cornwalls, I've seen them and they are the cleanest pair I've ever seen -- literally. It IS too bad that there is a water stain on the top of one, but it really not a big deal at all. The condition of these speakers makes them a good pair to score, esp. at the price he's offering.

My two cents!

Dean, I have much more past UPS shipping experience than what I've commented on here. Just recently I've learned more about dealing with UPS. I will no longer do business with UPS, unless absolutely unavoidable. I worked 336 days last year. I don't need any extra hassles.

Thanks for the encouragement though!1.gif

Keith