$1,797.00

or

Klipsch RF-3II Tower Speakers

Klipsch RC3II Center Speaker

Klipsch RS3II Surrounds

Denon AVR 2802 AV Receiver

$1,817.00

I can add an rsw sub later

Now I'll be hooking this bad boy upto my computer till I get a home theater later. I have an Audigy Sound Card and my comp also has an optical out.

My budget before sub is about 2k, for the sub I'll wait a little to get a good one.

After reading all the other posts I guess this is what I'll do.. I'll post again when I get the system, in the HT forum of course, it will be around a month till I get it. I was thinking of getting the Denon AVR 3803 AV Receiver, or should I wait till I can get a better one. Or get an amp?

QT:

Your choice of speaker will depend on whether you predominantly use your system for music or 5.1 surround. If music is primary, I'd go with the RB-5's. These are special speakers when it comes to music reproduction, but give up little to the RF-3's in 5.1 when used with a sub.

I've returned my pm 5.1s full refund. 7-14days till return check comes, I'll be able to get everything minus the sub. For the sub I want to rock the house, I was thinking SVS. I went to Audio King, they had Denon 3803 with RF5, RC3, RS3. I listened to them, I think I'll be happy.

I think I'll go with:

Klipsch RF-3II Tower Speakers

Klipsch RC3II Center Speaker

Klipsch RS3II Surrounds

Denon AVR 3803 AV Receiver

It would be a very long time till I even think of upgrading after the sub, starting Colloge this fall. That receiver has enough power to satisfy my urge for loudness for the time being. Now only if my audigy had an optical out, I'll have to use a digital 1/8 to rca I guess.

What kind of speaker wire will I need?

I'll get pics of my room after I get 'em, I'll make room for these. If I have to I'll sleep on the floor. My room dimensions are 12'4" across to 11'5" deep

QT,

I think that you have made a very wise choice. I had that system for about two years and was very happy with it. Even without a sub, those RF3's go pretty low. You will be very surprised how much bass you get from the RF3's. 6.gif With regards to your subwoofer choice(when you get around to it), SVS all the way. You will not be dissapointed. The klipsch and SVS match up very well.

Although I have not heard the Denon 3803, and I am sure that it is a great reciever(I have a 3300, now part of my bedroom system), also look at the Pioneer 45TX. It had the MCACC calibration circuit, and it works wonders. All rooms have different accoustics, and this one helps to make all 5 of your speakers sound the best in whatever room you put them in. It is also almost the same price point as the 3803. Check it out! http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/

Oh, I almost forgot. You asked what kind of speaker wire to use. For the fronts, I get something higher in quality. Especially for the center, this is where 75% of the dialogue/action happens in movies. I'm not sure what your budget is, but anything 14 gauge or larger should be fine. Remember, the smaller the number, the larger the gauge. Happy Listening. 1.gif

Looks like I'll have to do some more searching, well I have a month.

Elite VSX45-TX M.S.R.P. $1,400

but at http://www.acousticsounddesign.com it's

Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX Receiver $889.00

I could save and go Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX A/V Receiver for $1,749.00 from the same place, 130x7 at 8ohms is good right? What would happen if I turn this upto max? would I run a risk of blowing out the speakers, or the reciever? Now I wouldn't have it this loud but I'm just asking what bad things might happen.

Eh I guess I'm starting to lean towards the Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX A/V Receiver unless I find something better you have any ideas? But this is as high as I'll go since this speakers don't need much more... I think

I have originally stated a 2k budget which I'm well over now but no worries, all together $3,016.00!! with the Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX A/V Receiver that means I'll have to wait a little bit more. I'll make room for speaker wire, no sense in getting great stuff with cheap wire.

What kind of warranty should I get 1,3,5 years?

I should have everything buy March minus the sub.

how does your Elite VSX45-TX sound compared to the denon 3300?

If you are into music as much as ht, then I would go with the rf3II's, rc3II's,rs3II's and the 2802 receiver. Save your cash and buy a decent sub instead of upgrading the receiver. If you can buy the system in pieces, first I would get the towers, receiver and center channel. Then later on, buy the rears and a sub. Definately need a good sub if you go the Rb5 route. In my room, with the rf3II's and my bass mekanic cd ( overload/spl ) I have good response down to 30 hz. You will find that you won't need a sub for music.

Speaker wire - any decent 14 gauge or 12 gauge is more than plenty. If you want more power, why not use your receiver's pre outs into maybe an outlaw power amp. This is what I do with my receiver. The main l/r pre-out goes to an older Philips pa1200b power amp, and this drives my rf3II's. It also takes most of the load off the receiver, so that it may live a long, happy life.

I could go with an Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX Receiver or Denon AVR 3803 AV Receiver or Model 1050 6.1-channel Digital A/V Receiver, and slap on an amp later. I'll have about 1k+ for other things like a sub. Well now it's down to 3 recievers.

I don't know if the VSX-45TX has pre-outs but how much is the gain by having MCCAC.

I think I'm going to take out the Klipsch RS3II Surrounds and get Klipsch RF-3II Tower Speakers for the rear. I'll just buy reciever the mains and center, then the rears and maybe an amp too. I don't think I'll need a sub for a while, but I'm thinking SVS. I can live with 3.1 audio for a while, it'll be easier on my parents since it won't be a massive lump sum when I buy them.

Is having RF3II towers for both front and back good?

Would the RC7 match well with the RF3IIs? I heard they have the same drivers but diff tweeter...