Rear speakers - RB or RS or RC or ???

Emile

Looking to update my system :) Haha; call it downgrade :) Currently have Cornwall I's as rears (powered by a separate Yamaha CR-620 from the pre-outs of my Onkyo RZ-TX810). AVR also has dual RC-7's up front with a 15" sub (which I never use). 2-way stereo up front via KPT-904's with a JBL 4722 HF section (powered by a Crown K1).

Turn on the CW's maybe twice a year :) after at least one bottle of wine :) So, basically overkill and think the wife wants some "smaller" speakers (and would just power them with my AVR). Trying to find some RB-75's as I like the larger horn driver, but they are very hard to find :(  Found some new RS-3's, but completely unfamiliar with these. And ... don't know if the RS series ever came with larger 8" woofers and "larger" horn drivers. Also thinking about using a pair of RC-7's (haha; just got a pair for the front and am very impressed).

Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers, Emile

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Also thinking about using a pair of RC-7's (haha; just got a pair for the front and am very impressed).

Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers, Emile

The RS-7's are fantastic surround speakers but if you have room and those RF-5's are still available they match up great with the RC-7's and are significantly smaller than the Cornwalls. RB-75's are decent but typically way over priced and IMO the RC-7's are a better speaker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Forgot to tell ... the RF-5's do NOT have grilles :)  And do not want bare speakers behind me :) (OK; the "wife.")

You seem pretty crafty could probably make covers? Use that and the dented cone to talk the guy down on price I'd start at 350 and go from there they really are great speakers if you like the RC 7's you'll like the 5's great match up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1