Why does my Bar48 sound like a modem?

Floyd91

Half the time my bar 48 will immediately start playing loud modem like sounds when I try to start a show. It’s connected through an optical cable.

I stream everything through my TV. Sometimes Netflix works sometimes I get that high pitched modem beeping and buzzing. Same for every other streaming app I’ve tried. The sound bar is on the latest firmware.

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes @Floyd91 would do a search here and Google of the bar, which could lead back here anyway. Haven't heard that complaint... contact Klipsch also... Welcome!

Yeah I’ve spent way too much time searching without any luck. Figured I’d try here as no one answers the phone at klipsch

Just now, Floyd91 said:

Yeah I’ve spent way too much time searching without any luck. Figured I’d try here as no one answers the phone at klipsch

Kevin spoke about his experience with the 48s earlier today. Maybe you saw that.

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Floyd91 said:

Now while just having the tv and sound bar on I’m getting occasional static and distortion while nothing is playing.

Yes, think that one of the issues Kevin spoke about.

May recall had to do with the surround speakers. He spoke of it on the 600 thread about the 48s.

9 minutes ago, Floyd91 said:

Trying to. 😂 I’ve submitted an online help request. Can’t get anyone on the phone though so here we are.

Floyd ,   how are you .

CS no longer use the phone  for the past 2,5  years ,....... to speed things up ,  attach a copy of your sale's slip in the online request ----including a picture of  the serial number  tag , and your contact information  .............you're in the cue

• 2 weeks later...

@001 @billybob I've been helping out with issues affecting the BAR series and Cinema series sound bars for the past couple of years but I seem to miss posts when someone starts a new thread. If you think I can help out somewhere, please tag me and I'll jump in.

@Floyd91

Most of the issues have been encountered previously by other customers and have been discussed in other threads. The first thing to do is review existing forum content. If your issue is not addressed, you are better off adding your comments to one of the existing threads dealing with your specific product/issue.

Click here for content related to the BAR 48.

• Like 1