Klipschorns K B RO not on ebay

subegt

As Builder has mentioned lots and lots of hetitage were built so if you wait long enough they will come around. I looke at a pair today but the need some work. They are sequential #K### (1972). Owner says bought new only 12yrs ago (?). Some grooves on the tops but the rest looks good. Needs a few good oil jobs. One woofer was replaced with a K-43 and the side door is missing. Also the woofer mounting board is not original. I suspect it was replaced to fit the K-43. Crossovers are AA, K-77, K-55-V w/sequential S/N.

If I buy these my LaScalas will have to go.

Please advise: value? woofer rework? Am I crazy?

(I know about the ALK crossover, that would come later)

You didn't mention what they cost. It appears that with the cost of the horns and for a few dollars worth of plywood and $100.00 or so for a woofer replacement you'd have a set of horns. If you sell your La Scalas the price difference wouldn't be too bad.

Personally I'd go for them.

I ran across what I think is a great deal myself. I bought a pair of 1990 KCBR horns new on May 14, 1990 for a total of $2600.00 (at Custom Audio in Little Rock). My brother-in-law saw them during a trip to my place and was instantly converted to a Klipsch fan. He said that he'd buy them if I ever wanted to sell them. In the meantime ('96), I helped him with purchasing his Forte IIs, Academy and 2.2s along with the Klipsch 300 sub, a really good system for Dolby Pro-Logic. Well, a month ago I was turned on to a set of KBWO 1979 Kornerhorns with a matching Belle WO, for $2500.00 just what I had been wanting since I purchased my KCBRs new in '90 for $2500.00!!! Anyway, I called up my Bro-in-Law, sold him my KCBRs and bought the Walnuts! Believe it or not all three units will fit into a Dodge Caravan with the passenger seats removed.

Moral of the story is... Get what you can when you can get it!!!!

He who hesitates is lost!!!

Happy Listening!

A second thought, sell just one of your La Scalas and keep the other for a center channel, you won't regret it, I promise, The La Scala is even a better match as a center than the Belle, It has the same Mid horn that the Kornerhorn has.

There are people out there looking for singe La Scalas.

I am more concerned about the availability of the K-33-E and replacing the wood that the woofer mounts to. The side door is simple. I saw a lot of wing nuts being used to clamp the woofer board in the cabinet and the top compartment to the base. Is this normal? I am ignorant when it comes to the assembly of the Khorn.

"If you get the Khorn the LaScalas have to go", she said...

And the asking price is... $1900 obo.