YES,fragile on dvd audio

Fish

YES,if you like Yes,it is the most outstanding recording,quality wise, I have heard on dvd a.I have about 20 rock dvd-a's and most all are very impressive,but fragile is almost a perfect recording.The base is outstanding,very low noise level,a musical thrill,made possible with high res dvd-a.This format will be around a while,everyone that hears it is almost in musical nirvana.The equipment you have naturally will make a huge difference.I have denon,parasound,klipsch ref7 and a don't laugh,technics dvd-a,it sounds very nice,and is well built,20lbs.

fini,

So far I've gotten quite a few dvd-a discs at BestBuy. On-line I've bought some from cdnow.com & dvdplanet.com.

You can also purcase dvd-a on-line through digitalaudioguide.com & if you check out digitalaudiopreview.com (basically the Warners label)there is a link to a list of music retailers.

Thanks, guys! I will check those sites. Since you're both drummers (as I recall), I saw a set of drums at the Salvation Army today. Not a super bargain (by my standards), and maybe not a good deal at all, but it was a Pearl set, about 6 pieces, with a $499 price tag. It's 50% off on Friday. My daughter has always wanted a drum set. What should I look for? Any models that might be worth $250?

fini

This should give you at least a GENERAL idea what some of this gear sells for. ">Click Here

The price range you're looking in may require you to buy something used if it is to have any quality. If so, I'm sure Lovedrummin' and I will help if you find something. Try and get models of the brands you come across. BBB

fini,

What are the six pieces in the set? Pearl makes or made good solid drums. I used to have a real old Pearl set I used for a practice kit so I wouldn't have to tear down and set up my Tama set in between gigs. The hardware was pretty sturdy on the Pearls. $250 doesn't sound bad for a starter kit - depending on what is in the set. Does it include any cymbal stands, hi-hat stand, bass drum pedal? Any cymbals with it?

fini,

Kids - Can't live with them & we're not allowed to kill them. Just kidding. This is also a good reason to buy a used/previously owned instrument of any kind. Kids, especially teenagers, change their minds like they change underwear (at least we hope they're changing underwear). A buddy of mine has a 14 year old son who in the past 2-3 years has gone from wanting to pay drums to electric guitar and now to acoustic guitar. So far the only thing I've seen him stick with at all is skateboarding.

Another place you may want yo search worldwide for dvd's and dvd-a's,ebay.I have found many not available in U.S..Pat Travers,Robin Trower, CSN,Montrose,Rick Derringer to name a few.I have purchased from Hong Kong to Brazil and all have been first quality.I once saw a very rare Led Zeppelin,about 3 hrs long I think from 77,said to be one of the best shows, it went for 275.00,but most all are $25 or less,check it out.

On closer inspection, the drum set was in pretty rough shape, missing parts and dinged-up, rusty hardware. They were Pearl Exports, made in Taiwan, and the shells appeared to be made out of MDF, not mahogany (as were the sets in the link BBB kindly provided). Oh, well. At least I still have my trusty Martin D-28. Back to DVD-A's!

fini

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...