Why didn't Klipsch make a RB7

m00n

thats a good question, maybe something for BOBG to feild? It seems like they would, because if they had a line of shelve speakers similar to the floorstanding, the rb5's only put you half way up to what you can possibly get, and htose aren't close to as good in sound quality as RF-5's. maybe they wanted to encourage people to go the floorstanding route.

I really dont think there would be much of a market for them. Many people already choose the RF-3s over the RB-5s. The tweeters in my area even stopped carrying the RB-5s stock. I imagine there wouldnt be much of a market, as RF-5s would probably be price comprable. Although i would love to see em though.

Good points.... I guess the reason I may have wanted them would have been for side surrounds and rears. I mean couldn't they have dropped a driver and made them have the height? Then you would have one horn, one driver which would have timbre matched right?

----------------

On 1/4/2003 10:34:50 PM DrWho wrote:

or if you're lazy your local tweeter will build you speaker box things (for a hefty sum though)...mine cost $100 for 4 small boxes
8.gif

----------------

Oh, I would love to make my one speakers boxes some day, however, I would have no use for them. Unless I decided to get rid of my existing RS7s and replace them with custom home made RB7s.

I'm thinking about upgrading my center channel to a RF7, I talked to a local dealer today, said he would sell me one for $900.00. I would then take that center and move it to the back and have two rears. I'd have to think that 3 RF7s up front would have to sound rather nice.

The RB5 is a MUSIC speaker first and foremost. It is truly a special performer in this context. If any of you have the capability to take your RB5's and place them in a dedicated 2 channel system with quaility upstream source electronics and material, they will astound. I'm not sure much could be gained/improved upon by adding additional volume and driver size to this speaker.

m00n said:

I'm thinking about upgrading my center channel to a RF7, I talked to a local dealer today, said he would sell me one for $900.00. I would then take that center and move it to the back and have two rears. I'd have to think that 3 RF7s up front would have to sound rather nice.

I would love to do that myself, but I have absolutly no room for an RF-7 as a center speaker in my setup. I also don't feel comfortable enough to be mucking around with a $900-$1000 speaker to convert it to a horizontallized version, ala, HornED's KLF-30 center channel.

If you do put an RF-7 in the center, that would definitly give you the best possible center for your setup. As I said, I'd love to do that myself, but I just have no room.