$700 for HT speakers, NEED ADVICE, PLEASE!

Tony N

OK, my brother THINKS I know something about HT. Of course, a smart man simply knows where to get good info. For HT I come here! Hey, if they think I know all of this stuff... so be it!

My brother has a large screen TV (Toshiba, I think), Sony STR-DE675 reciever and Sony DVD player and wants me to spec speakers for him for around $700. He has said that he NEEDS (as in his wife has demanded) white, sat sized rears as they will be wall mounted, and bookshelf sized fronts with a center and sub, of course.

I have Klipsch Quintets, and he likes those asthetically. Incorporating them, or something close as rears, could someone help me out a bit?

Thanks much!

You can get a set of new Klipsch KSB1.1's and Quintet's from ubid.com. You should be able to find them under $200 shipped and they are an authorized Klipsch dealer so you have the factory warranty. You can also find the matching center(Kliplch KSC-C1) on ebay for around $150 shipped. That leaves $350 a subwoofer, my choice would be the Infinity IL120s. It comes in three finishes and has a built in one band parametric eq. It sound quality is as good as other mega buck subs and it has good output to 25hz. These can also be found for around $350 shipped on ubid.com.

OK, I think I am going to round him up 2 SB-2s, a SC-1, a KSW-10 and Quints for the rears. I know the Quints are the oddball but they satisfy the asthetic requirement. Looks like I should be able to do this at around $600.

Thoughts?

THANKS VERY MUCH for ya'lls input!

Doc, do you have the full 5 Quints? What color? I have a friend in the market; how much do you want for them?