Help for a new guy?

doucanoe

Old question from a new guy, I haved searched the old posts for clues as to identify my Heresy's I picked up on the dreaded e-bay about a year ago but Im still not sure.

unfinished birch veneer with exposed plywood edge.

ID#'s HBR 5843097 and 5840160

I pulled the back one one of these a while ago to snoop around and the woofers look brand new. What should I be looking for to ID the drivers as original.

Thanks in advance to anyone with insight or an opinion.

Im sure your your sick to death of this question. RC

First off, thanks Justin, Malcom and fini for your help and responses.

Im going to check out the drivers this weekend and I will let you know what i find out. As for the search function on this board I just looked up all with "Heresy" as a keyword and let me tell ya their were more than a few to look at. Im getting the impression (fini) that your question was a little sarcastic! 2.gif Maybe It was just newbie luck.. RC

I also wanted to add my "two cents" too. The drivers may, in fact, look "new" because they are in a sealed cabinet. So the backs without any dust, exposure to light, etc., etc., could (even 20 years later) look great.

If the person also took care of the outsides? I will assume he cleaned them and didn't let them stand in a flooded basement or let a candle burn to nothing or leave a glass of spilled red wine, beer, or water, or from a plant on them for several days/ weeks again you have a great chance of them also on the outside looking great too.

Enjoy!!