Pass Labs Integrated versus Primaluna EVO?

Fido

• 4 weeks later...

@ the original poster:
I have owned both - a Pass Labs INT-25 and a PrimaLuna EVO 100 integrated, with my Klipsch Heresy III.
In short, I preferred the PL. The INT-25 sounded a but too 'meaty', not transparent enough, it seemed to fill the speakers too much with sound - if that makes sense.
The PL was a little rounded off at extremes, but provided an average more pleasant voice, with enough dynamics and an enjoyable old-fashioned timbre.

I also drove the H3s for a few days with a Bow Technologies Wazoo - not so dissimilar to a Pass - and the result was the same: a feeling of 'too much-ness'.
Hope it helps, just my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weltfaul said:

@ the original poster:
I have owned both - a Pass Labs INT-25 and a PrimaLuna EVO 100 integrated, with my Klipsch Heresy III.
In short, I preferred the PL. The INT-25 sounded a but too 'meaty', not transparent enough, it seemed to fill the speakers too much with sound - if that makes sense.
The PL was a little rounded off at extremes, but provided an average more pleasant voice, with enough dynamics and an enjoyable old-fashioned timbre.

I also drove the H3s for a few days with a Bow Technologies Wazoo - not so dissimilar to a Pass - and the result was the same: a feeling of 'too much-ness'.
Hope it helps, just my opinion.

That was exactly the feedback I was looking for. Thanks much

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...